Went over my calories limit half way through the day

Hello all!

I am fairly new to this whole calorie counting thing.

If I am stuffed with food and went over my calorie limit half way through the day, what do I do?

What if I get hungry later while i'm over my calorie limit?

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    What is your calorie limit?

Either eat up to maintenance, or just eat lightly with salads for the rest of the day.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Eat good for dinner and just deal with the fact that you are going to be over today. Tomorrow's a new day
  • zumbagirl2526
    zumbagirl2526 Posts: 30 Member
    What is your calorie limit?

Either eat up to maintenance, or just eat lightly with salads for the rest of the day.

My calorie limit is 1200 per day. So far i've eaten 2331 calories and i'm only half way through the day.

I'm sorry but what is maintenance?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Maintenance is the number of calories you would need to eat to keep at the same weight.

Can you go on a walk or run to burn some calories? Chalk today up as a learning experience and use it to figure out why you did so. What are your stats? 1200 calories may be too low for you.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Erase the past and start over tomorrow. Just don't give up!
    1,200 a day is too low !! - I would hunt and kill the neighbors cat and eat it.
    That low always led me to bingeing.

Note: Log your meal before you eat it.
    Plan your snack carefully tonight. Even pre-log it. Choose healthy.
    Opening my diary has been helpful. I will grab chips, and put them back thinking that someone could possibly look at my food log. Great thing for me to do.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    edited July 2016
    Okay, so. I tend to eat 1150-1500 depending on my activity. I am a 5'0 female though and I sit on my *kitten* other than forcing myself to go for walks (school is great, hah).

I tend to log my anticipated dinner plans when I'm eating breakfast. From there, I figure out lunch and whether I should build in a second walk to make sure I can eat enough to stay healthy. If you ended up eating because of circumstance (i.e. going out with friends), make sure you plan next time to leave enough calories or to exercise more. If it was binging, you're probably not eating enough.

1200 is low. I'm not going to lie. It may not be enough. Make sure you aren't pursuing a too aggressive goal for your stats.

What is your weight/height/goal? Also, do you eat back any exercise calories?
  • zumbagirl2526
    zumbagirl2526 Posts: 30 Member
    I am 137, 5'2 1/2, and my goal is 125 lbs. I exercise about 3-4 times per week.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    As you you say you are fairly new to this, just call it education.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    What do you want to do? Eat if you want, don't if you don't. In the future, don't swallow so many calories early in the day.