TurboKick?

Options
Has anyone been to a turbokick or Piyo class by Beachbody? A friend of mine has a weekly training class for Turbokick and Piyo but I am nervous to try it out. I am not much of a class person, I have a personal trainer that I see two times a week so I am used to the one on one attention, but just wanted to get some feedback from anyone who has tried these fitness classes. Thanks!

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I wish something like that was available in my area...
  • Hopeinanguish
    Hopeinanguish Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Don't have any feedback on the class, but I just wanted to say amazing job on your weight loss! My starting weiight is near what yours was, and you are an inspiration for me! Can't wait to get into ONEDERLAND! :) Good luck on your continued journey!
  • chelleybelly8
    Options
    I've taken BOTH classes and LOVE them both. I'm a big class person. I like having others around me to motivate me to work harder and more often.

I typically burn 1000 cal/class during Turbo Kick.

I believe I burned ~ 600 cal/class during PiYo. It's been a few weeks since my last PiYo class.

Good luck!
  • danamfinn
    danamfinn Posts: 77
    Options
    I've taken BOTH classes and LOVE them both. I'm a big class person. I like having others around me to motivate me to work harder and more often.

I typically burn 1000 cal/class during Turbo Kick.

I believe I burned ~ 600 cal/class during PiYo. It's been a few weeks since my last PiYo class.

Good luck!

Awesome, Thanks for the feedback, can't wait to try it!
  • danamfinn
    Options
    Don't have any feedback on the class, but I just wanted to say amazing job on your weight loss! My starting weiight is near what yours was, and you are an inspiration for me! Can't wait to get into ONEDERLAND! :) Good luck on your continued journey!

Aww, thank you! One-derland is fantastic, but the better thing is being able to buy normal clothes at like Marshalls and TJ Max. Literally spending $7.00 on a pair of jeans is ridiculous. I wish you the absolutely best of luck, stay strong, you can do it girl!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify...Turbo Kick and Piyo are Chalene Johnson trainings/classes from Powder Blue productions, not through Beachbody. Chalene created Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire, which are produced by Beachbody.

I'm a Turbo Kick instructor and I can honestly say it's the most fun workout I've ever done, and I LOVE teaching it. I was trained in April and started teaching the format to my co-workers a week later. I've been teaching at a gym 3 days/week this summer and everyone who takes the class loves the format and the calorie burn!!!

I haven't had the opportunity to try Piyo yet. I'd like to try a Hip Hop Hustle class, too, although I truly have no dance skills whatsoever!
  • danamfinn
    Options
    Just to clarify...Turbo Kick and Piyo are Chalene Johnson trainings/classes from Powder Blue productions, not through Beachbody. Chalene created Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire, which are produced by Beachbody.

I'm a Turbo Kick instructor and I can honestly say it's the most fun workout I've ever done, and I LOVE teaching it. I was trained in April and started teaching the format to my co-workers a week later. I've been teaching at a gym 3 days/week this summer and everyone who takes the class loves the format and the calorie burn!!!

I haven't had the opportunity to try Piyo yet. I'd like to try a Hip Hop Hustle class, too, although I truly have no dance skills whatsoever!

Thank you so much for the information, and I do apologize for the inaccurate information of orginators!