Best excercise.

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
hey all. this is going to sound right daft! but just wondering what are the best kind of excercises to do at home? im trying to tone up my thunder thighs!! get them alot slimmer haha! and my stomach is just like jellly! i find that the wii fit doesnt really work that well. you have to spend hours on there just to get results!.. soo im looking for litttle excercises that will help the legs and stomach. i also have a gym balll and a resistance band :)

let me know and ill give them a try! thanks

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Running/joggin is one of the best exercise to lose weight and get fit. But don't ignore strength training either, doing compound moves (work more than one body part at a time) is a great way to burn more calories and get a great workout in a shorter amount of time.
  • SamanthaSteg
    SamanthaSteg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've just started doing some exercises from toneitup.com They have tons of youtube episodes with lots of different exercises. I did an ab one yesterday and I'm hurting today.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!
  • sinsaria
    sinsaria Posts: 30
    Options
    I love the Physique 57 videos. They are just unreal.
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Squats with knee raise, also youtube an excercise called birddogs
  • calequestrian
    calequestrian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yea, the Wii Fit is fine for entertainment, but I got the Fitness Coach for Wii and it is like having a personal trainer! I love it. I too have a jiggly stomach, alot of surgerys, while I know it will never be perfect I have gone from a 12 to a 6/8 in pants since January. I am also doing Zumba for Wii and Denise Austins Shrink your Fat Zones. I am doing better working out at home than I ever did going to a gym. Keep up the good work we will get there!:bigsmile:
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    The best kind of exercises are ones that you can commit to and do everyday... it can be running, walking, workout videos but something that keeps your interest and helps you do it EVERYDAY.

Good luck!
  • MuchMovement
    MuchMovement Posts: 100
    Options
    The push up has a reputation for being the #1 best exercise you can do.... Strengthening for the arms, legs, core and neck.
    Burpees are also fantastic.
  • melindalamb
    Options
    Pushups, Leg lifts, Planks, Knee lifts, Air bicycles, and Jump rope.
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I started the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels, and while I can't comment yet on how well it works for us, I have seen some incredible after pictures. I can also really feel it everywhere. It's hard, but it's only 20 minutes, and just about anyone can do it. Good luck!!
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If you don't like running then walking works to tone your legs too. Especially if you walk up a lot of stairs. At home I guess you could try step aerobics. That's pretty fun, too.
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 work# everything and is only 20 minutes long. She also has one called no more trouble zones that obviously works on trouble spots! Make sure whatever you do you combine cardio with strength training/toning.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    thankyou everyone!! i willl most defo try out all of these :).. ive got 3 workout dvd's - clubland workout of your life, hannah waterman - body blitz and vicky binns - dance it off. i love all 3 of them but i just cant keep in rhythm with them lol!! my co-ordination is really bad!

I also have just dance, just dance 2, wii zumba and michael jackson the experience for the wii which im on most days now! its great fun lol!!

well anyway thankyou for the commments :)
  • willbthin2
    willbthin2 Posts: 31
    Options
    why not get zumba for the wii..i use it and i know that it makes me work harder than when i go the gym! xx
  • scarletfever2005
    scarletfever2005 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of running, and kettle ball thrusts. SImply alternate days of doing those excercises and you will see results!
  • xSophia19
    Options
    why not get zumba for the wii..i use it and i know that it makes me work harder than when i go the gym! xx

ive got zumba for the wii lol. i just have realy bad body co-ordination and i cant keep in rhythm with the woman on the tv! ha. im all over the place when i do zumba x