Options
2»

Replies

• lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Motions28 wrote: »
    Motions28 wrote: »

Assuming you between 5' 10" - 6' then you are definitely under-eating; not a good plan at all.

How much should I be eating a day? Calorie wise. I'm 5'10"

Eat what MFP tells you to plus start with 25-50% of your exercise calories. I'm 5'6" 158 lbs and I eat around 2000 calories and I lose weight.

[/quote]

MFP says 1500 calories. I entered in a 1.5-2 pound weight loss goal per week. I burn between 200-400 calories a day at the gym. So you're saying I should eat around 1650 calories a day?[/quote]

I would start there and evaluate, but don't give up if the scale isn't moving since you just started strength training. I recently started strength training as well, but the scale keeps going up and down. I'm just going to stick it out and see what happens.
  • tycodmom
    tycodmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When looking at protein powders whey is great for building muscle. Look for low carb,sugar and fat for weightloss. Nature's best zero is a good one. Many trainerss and bodybuilders say you should consume protein within 30 minutes after lifting, though I am sure you will hear others discount that.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Muscles are good!