How many of you eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• heatherheyns
    heatherheyns Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I typically don't eat breakfast, or lunch most of the time. I find if I start eating early, I get hungry and want to eat all day, and it also leaves me with less food in the evening. I do best with starting to eat around 4pm and then eating a larger dinner and after dinner snack.

The only exception is if I do hard work outs very early in the morning, I sometimes need a snack with Lots of protein. For me, this way of eating makes me not feel deprived and allows me to eat with my family in the evening, so I like it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I lose weight better when I don't eat it. More calories to use later in the day. I eat a protein bar though when I'm not trying too hard.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast because it's my favorite meal. I can take or leave lunch on many days. Do what you prefer.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    every day ... sometimes it's brunch time though, which puts me into late dinner nights.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Every day. I either feel sick or absolutely starving by mid-morning if I don't eat breakfast.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I should note though that I rarely eat dinner any later than 7:00 and often earlier so it's a good 12 hours until breakfast for me as I try to keep snacks to a minimum
  • tycodmom
    tycodmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast and still struggle to meet 1200 calories.
  • heartofplastic
    heartofplastic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every day. It's the most important meal of the day
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every morning. I couldn't imagine skipping it because my stomach is growling when I wake up. Then again, I also usually stop eating around 8pm the night before.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    I only eat breakfast maybe twice a month as I'm almost never hungry in the mornings. Eat when you're hungry, don't assume you should eat just because it's the morning. It boils down to doing what works best for you.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast on work days, but I rarely eat breakfast on the weekends. If you don't want breakfast and skipping it doesn't cause you to overeat later in the day then don't eat it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    So far I've been managing to lose weight without breakfast but so many people bang on about how I should and how important it is. So my question is how many of you eat breakfast and how many of you have successfully lost weight without it?

I never eat breakfast during the week.
    I always eat breakfast on the weekends ... although it is so late in the day, it could probably be called "brunch" or even "lunch".

I've lost 25 kg (55 lbs) ... more weight than I imagined I would lose, and I'm down to the weight I was in about 2004, the weight I was most of my adult life, the weight I was in high school. :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight not eating breakfast. I've lost weight eating breakfast.

While some studies indicate a mild additional benefit to having a substantial breakfast... whatever works for you because of how you're wired is VASTLY more important in the long term.

Creating a deficit and adherence are the names of the game.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You go through a period of time in a day when you don't eat. That is called "fasting". Then at some time of the day or night you eat something. That is called breaking your fast, or breakfast. As long as your days and nights stay in a calorie deficit, it does not matter when you eat. What's the argument about?
  • cristalball
    cristalball Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You go through a period of time in a day when you don't eat. That is called "fasting". Then at some time of the day or night you eat something. That is called breaking your fast, or breakfast. As long as your days and nights stay in a calorie deficit, it does not matter when you eat. What's the argument about?

This. Technically, everyone eats breakfast if they eat. We have this concept of three discreet meals because of cultural norms, not biological necessities.
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast but it is usually after noon when I eat it because I work 3rd shift. I then don't eat until dinner. I would say to do when you want to. I eat breakfast when I get up because I am hungry but if you aren't, I would eat when you get hungry.
  • ashleybrownlj
    ashleybrownlj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    Supposingly the first time u eat in the day is when ur metabolism starts so the sooner the better .. U might loss weight at first skipping a meal but in the long run u won't and won't maintain weight loss .... In my opinion .. But everyone's body is different I eat quite a large healthy breakfast every morning I don't eat after 6 o'clock at night that's my routine and works for me ☺️

Nope. Your metabolism doesn't start at breakfast; it runs 24/7. I don't like eating breakfast as I'm not hungry in the morning. I wake up at 5, workout fasted, and eat by 10 am and have my last meal finished by 6pm. 108 pounds and I started losing weight over a year ago and haven't gained anything back. Meal timing is personal preference. Eating breakfast does nothing special for the metabolism.

Glad to have learned this I always believed u needed breakfast to kick starts and suffering with ibs I have ate when not even hungry in the mornings to achieve this (learn something new everyday) thanks
  • dahye_diet
    dahye_diet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast (if not, similar) every morning. Two cups of black coffee and a piece of bread that is roughly around 200 calories. My favorite bread by far is Costco's Pretzel Buns that are exactly 200 calories each :)
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast and eat it every day. Despite having only 4 meals to cycle thru for breakfast, I never get bored, and I find breakfast to be he cheapest meal for me. Breakfast is usually my second largest meal of the day (dinner biggest). But I agree there is no justification weight loss wise for saying you MUST have breakfast. It just works better for me. For myself I think spreading out into 3 meals prevents me from binging in any single meal like I would pre diet changes.