Gun to your head fast food choices

Options

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    It depends. Your Taco Bell choice was spot on. Others are the McDouble and the Wendy's triple with a chili. That latter has a lot of calories but I need them some days. To be honest, I don't worry so much about sodium, so if I skip the French fries and get an alternative side such as chili, apples, or a salad, there are quite a few options.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    McDonald's: quarter pounder no cheese - 440 calories, small fries- 230 calories, large unsweetened tea

Five Guys: 3 patties no bun, tomatoes, grilled mushrooms/peppers/jalapeños- 684 calories, iced tea

Arby's: medium vanilla shake - 470 calories, 1 scoop ON vanilla protein powder - 120 calories
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Bean burrito, hold the dairy. <3 Oh Taco Bell <3
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    Personally, in a similar situation I would find a convenience store. They usually have some sort of protein bar, jerky, nuts... but I don't usually eat 400 plus calories per meal.

yup i never get in that predectiment i always plan ahead take a protein bar
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I have a few tolerable things on my list for times like this. I've gotten the hard fresco tacos before. Grilled chicken salads/sandwiches with minimal/no dressings/sauce are generally what I go for.

I always pass on the fries. If I'm faced with fast food, I just get something that will hold me over until I get home or can get something that fits my goals better.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Around here there won't be a Taco Bell or anything like that ... but you'll likely find a Banjos. And there I would get a sandwich.
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    pizza the bigger the better
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Coffee with whipping cream.

I'm a celiac so I can't eat the food in fast food joints. I eat LCHF so even the bananas and apples sitting on their counters are off plan. I would skip food or get a coffee with lots of whip cream. Or add butter.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Go Chicken Go Gizzards, no gun needed.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Gun to your head, eat whatever is going to be yummy for you, and not leave you with tummy troubles after...for me Taco Bell would be a nightmare, but if it doesn't hurt you, don't stress over it. One meal won't derail you. Life is going to happen, conferences and weddings will happen, sometimes you just gotta eat. No biggie, start again after that meal :)
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Sign me up for some Taco Bell
  • shortcdngirl
    shortcdngirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Anything a&w ;)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Gun to my head and I am more than an hour from home: Wendy's baked potato with chili. Both are GF and I have celiac disease.
    Gun to my head close to home: Pal's Sudden Service: Big Pal with Cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, with no bun, small fries, and a plain tea. They make everything to order and I have never had a problem with cross-contamination. Plus, I know the franchise owners and I like them. Maintenance is a wonderful thing. I used to skip the fries.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Arby's: medium vanilla shake - 470 calories, 1 scoop ON vanilla protein powder - 120 calories

@jemhh , you are a genius! I never thought of doing that, but I will from now on. Most places have some sort of vanilla shake or frostee type thing. Heck, I wonder if you could even just put it in your coffee?

My favorite is Burger King tendergrill chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato, no mayo, for 320 calories.
  • buzz3d269
    buzz3d269 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    runto107 wrote: »
    Most burger places will do a lettuce wrap, I didn't know this for the longest time

Oh my, I don't think this is the case in Australia - will have to try it next time I'm in the states ;)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    Personally, in a similar situation I would find a convenience store. They usually have some sort of protein bar, jerky, nuts... but I don't usually eat 400 plus calories per meal.

Yeah maybe I should have stated I started my adventure at 500lbs so my calorie allowance set up by me, and my team was originally 2700/day. After a year we have worked down to 2200. I usually eat 3-4 meals a day plus a snack. Most of my meals are between 350-550 calories.

But you missed the point "Gun to your head". There was no convenience store there was a food court.

Chipotle would be mine, if possible. Sounds like you did a good job in dealing with the situation and choosing. And nothing weird about a 400+ calorie lunch, IMO -- I am currently aiming for around 1650 calories (decided to get back to losing) and I typically eat 400-550 calorie lunches. 3 meals, so 400+500+500 still leaves me with extra calories. I find the idea that that's some kind of huge meal to be bizarre.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds grilled chicken wrap - 330 calories
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @ncfitbit yes, I drink vanilla protein powder in my coffee, often. However, you have to blend the powder with 2-4 ounces of water first OR use cold coffee with milk based proteins. It curdles in hot liquid, whey more so than casein. I usually just use iced coffee, it's easier.
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    def wendy's baked potato (sour cream & chives for me yummm) and chili. i get the chicken power bowl from taco bell (480 calories). i'm gluten free, so i skip mcdonald's and burger king. love subway's tuna salad or double chicken chopped salads!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I have a ton!

Subway: 6in turkey sub on whole wheat with tons of veg(<300), turkey or grilled chicken salad with all the nice veg and fat free italian (<200)
    Panera: You pick two half classic salad with poppyseed dressing half smoked turkey sandwich on whole grain bread, fruit cup (<350)
    Mighty taco: grilled chicken tacos, buritos, salads, or bowls are usually <300 as long as you don't add cheese, sourcream and guac. SO I get any of these. I like getting grilled chicken wraps or tacos most of the time. I love the chicken fajitas too and only like 180 per fajita.
    Mcdonalds grilled chicken sandwich: <400
    Taco bell: 2 fresco shredded chicken soft taco (140 each)