Divorce/jealousy

Options
Untilproud11
Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone started dealing with extreme jealousy and relationship issues after losing weight?
I never in a million years thought thats once I lose weight my relationship will b my real problem
Its funny how we think that losing weight fixes everything
I actually have more ugly problems now that I'm 40 lbs lighter and 5 lbs from my goal ...
I tell myself "gain those 40lbs back and get ur happiness back !"
Lol i know thats dumb
I'm just so depressed right now

Replies

• Untilproud11
    Options
    Thank you
  • jodieelol
    jodieelol Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    First of all congratulations on your weight loss @mita271
    Your other half may have started to feel insecure that you're losing weight and looking better, this isn't uncommon.
    You just need to let him know that you love him the same and nothing will change between you and that you'd appreciate the support for your new lifestyle
    Maybe you need to have a frank, open and honest discussion about your relationship and air out all issues so that you can both move forward together :)
  • Untilproud11
    Options
    Thank you all :)
    My issue is trust
    If he could put me in a cage and lock me from the world he would
    If other man family menbers talk to me or other man look at me he goes crazy
    I reassured him that "I still love u , even if other man try are around me I would never leave u or forget our amazing years together " and still he wants to be extremely controlling, after our last fight I packed to leave and he went on his kness and cried saying plz stay i love you i will never be mean again i cant live without you blah blah blah he even cried
    I don't understand this
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    My ex husband used to constantly complain I was fat. Then when i came to loosing weight since he cooked dinner before I got home he would yell at me because I would ask what was in it, how it was cooked, and weigh my food. I ruined his life, his fun, and everything else because my diet was important for me to loose the weight and not be fat, but only if it didn't effect his day to day life. I was no fun to eat out with because i had to look up nutrition for foods, and wouldn't sit at a buffet for hours anymore.

I used to do intermentant fasting specifically to have 1000 calories or more left for dinner because who knew what he would cook. I was miserable because no mater what he hated my diet, me working out, anything that inconvenienced him at all. I did my best to wake up early and be home from workouts before he even woke up so I could cook on weekends but it wasn't ever good enough. He would still spend the day saying I ruined his plans somehow by my 5am workout. Some people are just *kitten* and no mater what you can't please them.

My ex was also fat and lazy and food was all he cared about so me wanting to be healthy was obviously a different lifestyle then he wanted. Even though all I did was cut my portions in like 1/4 from before but yeah. That was only one reason I left him but it started to show a lot more of his controlling personality as I lost the weight.

Those games sound familiar, so glad you got out! xo
  • superpowers2016
    superpowers2016 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Please continue on your path to improved health. It seems that you do love your husband and you have communicated to him that you are committed to your relationship and will be faithful. At this point the ball is in his court, let him know that if he meant what he told you when he was down on his knees he needs to go to counseling to deal with his jealousy and insecurity. Let him know that you will be there for him but he also needs to be there for you. Best of luck !
  • sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Please continue on your path to improved health. It seems that you do love your husband and you have communicated to him that you are committed to your relationship and will be faithful. At this point the ball is in his court, let him know that if he meant what he told you when he was down on his knees he needs to go to counseling to deal with his jealousy and insecurity. Let him know that you will be there for him but he also needs to be there for you. Best of luck !

+100
    Remind him of his promise
    Tell him you'll stay on the condition that he goes to counseling and/or you go to counseling together.

You are being punished, but you HAVEN'T done anything wrong.
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    In the uk mental abuse is treated the same as physical abuse.....abuse is abuse.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above UK statement.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    The only time my wife gets jealous is when other women touch me lol
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    mita271 wrote: »
    My issue is trust
    I reassured him that "I still love u , even if other man try are around me I would never leave u or forget our amazing years together " and still he wants to be extremely controlling, after our last fight I packed to leave and he went on his kness and cried saying plz stay i love you i will never be mean again i cant live without you blah blah blah he even cried
    I don't understand this
    What he is doing to you is abuse.

• minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Next time pack AND LEAVE. and stay gone.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    mita271 wrote: »
    My issue is trust
    I don't understand this

Run. Run now, fast and far.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    As someone who works as a DV advocate, his behavior is displaying a very frightening and all-too-familiar pattern. He's testing you to see what you'll take and what techniques he needs to employ to get you to stay. The next step in escalation of his behavior is actual physical abuse, even if it seems like an "accident." I am really scared for you and would really, really like to be wrong.

What about couples counseling? Could that be an option for you both?

Please take care of yourself!!! :heart:
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    To me it sounds like the problem isn't your weight loss, he is the one having insecurity problems. The only way it can be fix its if he recognizes it and wants to do something about it. When I was younger, I used to be very controlling and I knew that crying and telling my boyfriend I love him he would be right there for me. Then, I would get tired because my boyfriend didn't do what I wanted him to do and I would break-up with the person and find somebody else who would let me control his life.

I'm glad I realized what I was doing by myself, and I worked hard to change it. Right before I met my husband, I decided to make that change and I was up front with him.

Wish you the best luck!!! congrats on your fitness progress and hopefully you find a satisfactory solution for your marriage