Stuck on same weight

Hi
I've been using this app for a while. I very rarely if ever go over my Calorie intake. It says in "5weeks I'll be 105kgs" well I haven't budge. I walk my dog and I normally get another 300 cals which I use. Do you think I should? Is it accurate? Thanks in advance x

Replies

• Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    The first question will always, always be: are you logging correctly? How are you measuring? Scale? Measuring cups? Eyeballing?

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    that 5 weeks thing is just an estimate. if you were to eat the same things and burn the same amount of calories then you may weigh that. but other than that for most of us its wrong. if it were true I would be at my goal weight by now and im not.how long have you been stuck? anything less than 6-8 weeks is just a stall anything more than that its a plateau and how are you estimating your burns? are you weighing your food on a food scale?
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    No, nothing?
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    How long do you walk your dog for? And how do you measure your food?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member

1. If it's been less than 3 weeks or so, don't sweat it! Normal fluctuations happen and unfortunately sometimes we stall for a week or two even when we're doing everything right. Give your body some time to catch up with the changes you're making.

2. If you aren't already, be sure that you're logging everything. Sometimes people forget about things like veggies, drinks, cooking oils, and condiments. For some people these can add up to enough to halt your weight loss progress.

3. Consider buying a food scale if you don't already have one. They're about $10-$20 dollars in the US and easily found at places like Amazon, Target, and Walmart. Measuring cups and spoons are great, but they do come with some degree of inaccuracy. A food scale will be more accurate, and for some people it makes a big difference.

4. Logging accurately also means choosing accurate entries in the database. There are a lot of user-entered entries that are off. Double-check that you're using good entries and/or using the recipe builder instead of someone else's homemade entries.

5. Recalculate your goals if you haven't lately. As you lose weight your body requires fewer calories to run. Be sure you update your goals every ten pounds or so.

6. If you're eating back your exercise calories and you're relying on gym machine readouts or MFP's estimates, it might be best to eat back just 50-75% of those. Certain activities tend to be overestimated. If you're using an HRM or activity tracker, it might be a good idea to look into their accuracy and be sure that yours is calibrated properly.

7. If you're taking any cheat days that go over your calorie limits, it might be best to cut them out for a few weeks and see what happens. Some people go way over their calorie needs without realizing it when they don't track.

8. If you weigh yourself frequently, consider using a program like trendweight to even out the fluctuations. You could be losing weight but just don't see it because of the daily ups and downs.

9. Some people just burn fewer calories than the calculators predict. If you continue to have problems after 4-6 weeks, then it might be worth a trip to the doctor or a registered dietitian who can give you more specific advice.