Blenders

Options
2»

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    We own a blendtec which is awesome but I wouldn't put it in the quiet category...
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    We own a blendtec which is awesome but I wouldn't put it in the quiet category...

Good to know. Not that I'd buy one anyways. They're pretty pricey. Nice but pricey.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have a Kitchen Aid stick blender that I've used for years and it is holding up well. The stick blenders are pretty cheap.
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Options
    Zipp237 wrote: »
    I have a Kitchen Aid stick blender that I've used for years and it is holding up well. The stick blenders are pretty cheap.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking about getting. But is it really good at making protein shakes? Does it blend ice and everything good?
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    How do you clean stick blenders? They come apart so you can put it in the dishwasher or wash by hand, right? (I prefer dishwasher)
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Yeah that's what I'm thinking about getting. But is it really good at making protein shakes? Does it blend ice and everything good?
    I don't know about protein shakes. I don't take a protein supplement. I don't chop ice with it but can't imagine it would be very good at that. I have used it to blend soups and fruits and things like that and it works well.

• Nightmare_Queen88
    Options

I don't know about protein shakes. I don't take a protein supplement. I don't chop ice with it but can't imagine it would be very good at that. I have used it to blend soups and fruits and things like that and it works well.

Ok good to know. I guess I'll have to find something else then.
  • mochi622
    mochi622 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I set my blender up on a little station in my garage so it's not so loud in the am. I just fill the container and take it out there to blend.
  • mochi622
    mochi622 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also put my crock pot in the garage to cook durring the hot summer months so I don't heat up the house, lol. I guess I do a lot of garage cooking.
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How do you clean stick blenders? They come apart so you can put it in the dishwasher or wash by hand, right? (I prefer dishwasher)

Literally rinse in water. I make veg soup and blend it. As soon as i'm done within 5 minutes the blender is washed and away!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

@JanetYellen This is the one I have and the motor and the stick part do separate so that you can wash the stick in the dishwasher. I do it all the time. I don't recommend washing the top housing part of the extra little mini-food processor thing in the dishwasher though - even though it says all non-motor parts are dishwasher safe, water got trapped in mine and I had to call KitchenAid for a replacement (which they provided free of charge, but even the rep told me "maybe don't put it in the dishwasher anymore")
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Options
    mochi622 wrote: »
    I also put my crock pot in the garage to cook durring the hot summer months so I don't heat up the house, lol. I guess I do a lot of garage cooking.

Lol. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think I'd be able to take it outside.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Huh, my reaction to the blender sound is "too bad, if I gotta get up YOU gotta get up". LOL.