Fortysomething Fitness Journey

Options
Hi! I am 42 yrs old and on a mission to finally commit to a healthier lifestyle. I'm trying to do it right this time. No fad diets, just healthy eating and exercise. I am 5'2 and currently weigh 182 lbs. My ultimate gooal weight is 135 lbs, but for now I am trying to lose as much as possible before i go on vacation in October. Let's help motivate abd encourage each other!

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and being active is really important to me! :smiley:
  • Laura_Jean_76
    Laura_Jean_76 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Turn 40 in Jan Looking to lose around 80lbs and be a lot more active ;)
  • Lorraine7486
    Lorraine7486 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm same age, around same height and weight and what to get down to same weight. I basically said the same thing, just need to commit. Just had my first child so need to be healthy for her. ☺☺
  • samgreeneyz
    samgreeneyz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and in the same boat. I'm done with 'dieting'. 60 days ago I started a crossfit program and I love it. It's a great feeling to want to exercise. I gave up refined sugars and gluten but won't restrict anything else. I'm just so tired of the weight loss weight gain roller coaster. Let's try to keep each other motivated :smile:
  • Cheshirejen1969
    Cheshirejen1969 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and have just downloaded MFP App...first time here. Roller coaster as well. Between work, home, commitments I either stress eat, mindlessly eat...you get the picture. I'm 5'2'' and 200. Goal for now is 160lbs. Degenerative disk disease...in treatment...hard to exercise... I'm used to being active. Started counting calories. Seems like something that I can easily keep track of. Sugar and carbs are my enemies. Motivation sounds good. Will be checking in...Best Wishes! =)
  • danplatt
    danplatt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 (and a guy, obviously) and used myfitnesspal four years ago to lose 38 lbs of fat. How did I do it? I ate a balanced nutritional diet 300 - 400 calories below my activity level (TDEE) and lots of cardio. You must do both: eat within your caloric budget and exercise. Picture yourself how you want to be and do it. There are no short cuts. Good luck!