5'6" ladies... What is your goal?

Replies

• Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    My heaviest weight was 233lbs, last summer I was between 140-144lbs and a UK size 10-12 (US 6-8) but due to 2 close family loses in the space of 3 months and I had a gain of 20lbs (now down to 15.2lbs) and I want back to the 140-144lb bracket, i did go lower than that but I looked gaunt and found I got obsessed with going lower and it wasn't happening once I relaxed I maintained well.
  • becomingstronger
    becomingstronger Posts: 10 Member
    Currently: 183 pounds

Goal: 150 has always been my happy weight so I'd accept 150.

But with lots of hard work I've been 134. That's my dream goal.
  • becomingstronger
    becomingstronger Posts: 10 Member
    pmastro724 wrote: »
    5'6 here!! current: 175 dream goal: 135 but would be happy at 150 for the time being... :smile:

We're pretty close to being twins
  • marthawith7
    marthawith7 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 5'6" SW 143.8 CW 131.9 GW 125 Once I reach my goal I may reevaluate. I don't want to go too low and not be able to maintain.
  • abcosti
    abcosti Posts: 1 Member
    5'6" SW: 147, CW: 129. My GW is about 125 but at this point I'm more focused on toning rather than the last few pounds
  • k8millz
    k8millz Posts: 28 Member
    edited July 2016
    5'6". SW: 120 CW: 140 GW: Whatever. I'm not concerned with the scale. My goal is to add more muscle. My body tends to typically sway more on the leaner side, however I usually carry most of my weight in my hips.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Interesting how different everyone's goals are! :)

I'm 5'6" and 50, currently at 185lbs after starting out at 217. My initial goal is 150lbs - just a few pounds heavier than when I got married, and I felt relatively okay with my weight then. I'll re-evaluate how I look and feel when I get there and might try for another 10lbs off, but I'm pretty sure I haven't been that light since I was a teenager. :)

My first goal was to get under 200lbs, then to get out of "obese" and into merely "overweight". Now I'm aiming for under 180 and in 10lbs decrements from there. :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    My goal is anywhere between 65 and 75 kg. I plan to get down to 65 then eat comfortably but responsibly and see where my weight settles.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Antonia_I wrote: »
    My goal is 150. I'm about a size 4 at that weight which is plenty small enough for me.

Wow. I have never been a size 4. I'm a size 6 at 130 lbs.
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My goal is 150. I'm about a size 4 at that weight which is plenty small enough for me.

I'm 125 lbs ... and I'm a size 14.

My family run really dense. I don't know if we have super heavy bones or just a lot of muscles but we all usually weigh about 20-30lb more than someone would guess.

It could also depend on what brands you are looking at.

Ok, so a little background. Normally I buy my jeans at the thrift shop by my house, because they're $5 a pair. If I buy new clothes, it's usually at Target, because I'm just cheap like that. Today I was at the mall, and I decided to try on some cute clothes just for fun. I went into a store and grabbed some really cute jeans, and tried them on. See my quote above where I say I'm a size 6? The 6s I tried on today were ABSOLUTELY FALLING OFF. So I grabbed a 4 and, doubtfully, a 2. Tried those on, and the 2s were loose! I probably would have been able to squeeze into a size 0 if I'd tried. WTH is wrong with American clothing sizes??
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    edited July 2016
    I have hovered around 160 most of my married life (13 years). After losing my thyroid to cancer last fall I went up to 183. I'm currently at 171 but I would like to be 135. I'm working hard and I never understood how difficult it can be when you have to rely on medicine to make your body work. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it.

I am sorry for your illness. Give yourself time and show yourself some grace. Adjusting to life without a thyroid takes time. My sister experienced the same thing over 20 years ago. For her, weight loss has been a battle ever since but that's a family trait too. We are thankful she is healthy and alive.
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    I find this thread so interesting. I have been overweight all my life. I have lost weight and been close to or at maintenance but never stayed there long. As I near there again (I think), I wonder how to know when to stop losing. My SW this go 'round was about 250#, CW is 178#. and today's GW is 170#. I have a large frame and carry my weight very well. I wear a U.S. size 14. People think I am smaller than I actually am and are already saying I am small enough. I have lots of toning up that I would like to do. I hope if I can accomplish that, I would go down at least 1-2 sizes. In particularly, I have a large belly overlapping my pelvic area that I would love to get rid of. I can't afford surgery so I need to spend lots of time at the gym doing strength training.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    edited July 2016
    HW - 175 LW - 130 CW - pregnant!

I'm 5'6'' and my highest weight was 175 in my teens. I hovered between 140-150 for years and then got down to 133 with a lot of muscle mass last year. I felt great at this weight, was very active and a size 4.

I'm currently 9 months pregnant and 170, hoping to get down to 130 postpartum.

Edited to say - I find my size has a lot to do with how much muscle I have. I was a size 8 at 145 but once I started weight lifting I was 133 and a size 4. However I also had no breasts
  • Psycrysi
    Psycrysi Posts: 2 Member
    5'6" SW:155 CW:147 GW:140 UGW:130 I'm 51 yrs. old.
  • 5K85
    5K85 Posts: 98 Member
    Current weight 5"6' 245
  • 5K85
    5K85 Posts: 98 Member
    Goal, 235 by august
  • annieoldie
    annieoldie Posts: 10 Member
    I started at 165 a couple of weeks ago( my heaviest yet) and would like to get to 126. Years ago I was 118lb but I was much younger then.
  • ProfDawnLee
    ProfDawnLee Posts: 127 Member
    I am 8 months pregnant and 160. Will reach 170 by the time I hit 9 months. Hoping to get to 130 postpartum as well. In fact hoping to get there by January. What's your plan to lose the baby weight? I'm afraid it's going to be really tough as I've never been this heavy before. I have always been between a size 2-8 and even a size 10 seems so far away. I do exercise a lot but the eating healthy thing is tough for me.
  • bubble_wrap0428
    bubble_wrap0428 Posts: 88 Member
    Starting weight was 205, down to 185 pounds, goal is 170 pounds. I like having a curvier figure plus I'm weight lifting a lot.
  • quinnbee2017
    quinnbee2017 Posts: 2 Member
    214 I was 220.would love to weight 160

Anyone can add me
  • 87sid
    87sid Posts: 67 Member
    HW:235 GW:135. CW:178
    I'm basing my goal weight on when I thought I looked best before my pregnancies 9 years ago. But my body carries the weight a little differently now so we'll see when I get close. Ideally I'd like to be back in a size 5 pant.