How many of you eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast right when I get up. Before the diet I'd rarely worry bout breakfast but now I think the breakfast may be boosting my energy level. Being I eat more protein , oddly today is the first day I skipped it. But just had an early lunch consists of spinach okra mix.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast unless a blood test or procedure requires fasting. Twelve hours between dinner the day before and breakfast the following morning is enough for me. I don't have a big breakfast, but I do need to eat something, specially with protein, or a crush midday.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast and don't eat for a while before bed. It's a help for me. Try it for two or three weeks and see how you like it.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    So far I've been managing to lose weight without breakfast but so many people bang on about how I should and how important it is. So my question is how many of you eat breakfast and how many of you have successfully lost weight without it?

I eat breakfast because I am hungry and I function better eating breakfast.
    It is personal preference. It doesn't matter for weight loss when you eat your calories.
  • pinkamingo
    pinkamingo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm never hungry in the morning. If you are hungry, eat. If you are not hungry, don't eat. You have your set amount of calories to eat daily. You could eat them all at once if you wanted to. Calories in, calories out. You just don't want to mess with your blood sugar level and get light headed during the day.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Haven't eaten breakfast since junior high. On weekends, I like a bowl of cereal when I get up ... about noon. But daily, no.
    BTW, I noticed no difficulty (related to lack of breakfast) in losing 35 pounds in 10 months.
  • boolz
    boolz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast, but often skip lunch
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    So far I've been managing to lose weight without breakfast but so many people bang on about how I should and how important it is. So my question is how many of you eat breakfast and how many of you have successfully lost weight without it?

Whether to eat breakfast or not is a preference only and has nothing to do with weight loss or gain. I, personally, eat breakfast every day, lost weight eating breakfast, and maintain weight eating breakfast, but only because it works for me.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Supposingly the first time u eat in the day is when ur metabolism starts so the sooner the better .. U might loss weight at first skipping a meal but in the long run u won't and won't maintain weight loss .... In my opinion .. But everyone's body is different I eat quite a large healthy breakfast every morning I don't eat after 6 o'clock at night that's my routine and works for me ☺️

No........

Your metabolism works all your breathing days. :)
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I do because it kick starts metabolism for the day. Helps my brain switch on. Plus I don't like big meals rather eat small all day. But listen to your body. It will know
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    Neanbean13 wrote: »
    I do because it kick starts metabolism for the day. Helps my brain switch on. Plus I don't like big meals rather eat small all day. But listen to your body. It will know

As many other people have already stated, your metabolism doesn't start at breakfast. It's always running. If it needs a kick start, it's too late. You're already dead.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I like a small breakfast or I tend to end up with a headache. Plus I take medication in the morning that is meant to be taken with food so it works well for that too.
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Before i started mfp, i never ate breakfast but i realised that's because i stuffed my face until bed time sometimes, so obviously, i woke up not feeling hungry lol. Now, i eat 2 breakfast, one at 8am and 10am on weekdays & 1 breakfast meal on weekends. It is whatever works for you. Breakfast was thought to be the most important meal of the day because some people tended to eat like the cookie monster when lunch time came around after skipping breakfast but if you already ate something for breakfast, you wouldnt feel as hungry when lunch time came around.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I hardly even eat breakfast (Yesterday - Sunday morning was first breakfast I've had for months).
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast when I'm hungry in the morning, and don't eat it when I'm not or when I'm saving calories for a special meal. It hasn't made a difference to my weight loss.
  • melbmeg
    melbmeg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I skip it (strong coffee, which I have around 8am, kills my appetite) so I can have a lovely big lunch and a lovely big dinner. I eat between 12 noon and 6pm only. I didn't know this was a diet trend until recently. It's just what works for me because I like big delicious meals!
  • scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast withing 20 minutes of waking up. My gf never eats breakfast. We lose at the same rate.
  • rachel29hart
    rachel29hart Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I personally can't survive the first few hours of the workday without a protein-packed breakfast and a caffiene boost. In fact, my breakfast is my most caloric meal of the day. However, I have seen numerous people say it doesn't matter when you eat your food, so I'm guessing that also includes breakfast. On the other hand, it's important to get your metabolism kicking once you wake up for maximum metabolic burn. It may not make sense for you to change your habits. If you want to get a metabolic boost to burn more calories, how about having a glass of cold lemon water when you wake up? That will certainly get you going, be hydrating, and you don't have to worry about breakfast.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast most days...I love breakfast.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast person. I only recently started having breakfast, but only because changes in my work/babysitting schedule made it necessary for me to change my eating habits. However, I lost plenty of weight without breakfast. The only thing that matters with meal timing is what helps you keep your calories in check.