Wrist pain/sprain...anyone get this after push ups or yoga?

Options
b_dani
b_dani Posts: 26 Member
Hey guys. I get a recurring pain in my wrist bone after doing any exercise thats puts weight on it and it lasts for a week or more. The pain in right in the carpul bone. Anyone else get this or know how to prevent it?

Replies

• jrek521
    jrek521 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I started doing yoga, my wrists hurt terribly. For me, it was a combination of working at a computer all day and putting weight on my wrists (which I hadn't done before). It went away as I strengthened my arms, as well as improved my yoga poses. My pain didn't last that long, though. I'd probably have my doctor rule-out an injury if the pain persisted.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Try using hand weights on the floor so you have your wrist straight with your hand wrapped around the bar when doing push ups, etc.

Cheers h.
  • b_dani
    b_dani Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    After doing some research I think it might be caused by a ganglion cyst which is what the bone that is sticking out of my wrist is. I think it gets inflamed when weight is put on the wrist. Anyone heard of/have this?
  • dreaming13000
    dreaming13000 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've had similar issues. It's always my right wrist and I sit at a computer all day, using the mouse with my right hand and I write A LOT, so when my wrist acts up, I put some icy hot on it and wrap it up a couple hours, it helps with tenderness. And Idon't break on exercise, just give wrist some TLC and support in evenings or even at work. For crossfit and powerlifting I am using wrist supports.