Does a weight workout have to be all at once?

Options
With the warmer months now I walk an hour and I half to 2 and a half hours at least 5 times a week. I bought a bow flex ultimate 2 to excercise with in the colder months

The question is..... Do I have to use this thing for a continuous period or I can I break it up into smaller periods? I know this has probably been asked before. Please be gentle.

Replies

• pattyandthemoos
    pattyandthemoos Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's better to do it all at once but I'm not sure what you mean. You don't have to do a full body workout. You can split it up.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    If you're targeting a specific muscle group it's better to hit that muscle group in the same workout, rest it for a couple of days, and then hit it again. There's also some benefit to doing a workout altogther for conditioning purposes. That said, if you need to break it out right now then break it out. The important thing is that you get on a routine and start building the habit of working out. Details can come later, if at all, depending on your goals.

BTW, I can rarely lift and then go for any measurable running distance immediately afterwards. I tend to rest in between those. And, there are times when my back spasms so badly after squats and deadlifts that I have to walk it off before going back and finishing. Again, the point is do what you can do.
  • sabulaboys4
    sabulaboys4 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the responses. I appreciate all of your help
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i go through periods of time where i split up my workout throughout the day, just because of work and scheduling etc . And other phases where i can do it all at once. I dont think it matters unless i'm in a heavy training cycle for a meet or something. For just staying healthy and active, i really dont think it matters. Consistency is most important