Options
missthang11205
missthang11205 Posts: 81 Member
What's your go to healthy snack?

Replies

• Lovey50
    Lovey50 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love hummus and celery or sugar snap peas or cukes. Also I'll stuff myself with watermelon.
  • missthang11205
    Options
    Lovey50 wrote: »
    I love hummus and celery or sugar snap peas or cukes. Also I'll stuff myself with watermelon.

Do you make the hummus yourself? I used to but I haven't in a year or so since I stopped eating healthy. I'm thinking of making a tomato and cucumber salad to snack on. Thanks for the ideas

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    - Seedless cucumbers w salt and lime
    - Banannas or strawberries w whipped cream
    - Fat free cottage cheese w berries or raisins
    - Baby carrots and ranch
  • missthang11205
    Options
    - Seedless cucumbers w salt and lime
    - Banannas or strawberries w whipped cream
    - Fat free cottage cheese w berries or raisins
    - Baby carrots and ranch

I love baby carrots!! Unfortunately no dairy for me so I pair it with hummus. Cucumbers are good too. I'll try that. Thanks!
  • julialavergne
    julialavergne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of reduced fat peanut butter, and 5 salt free saltine crackers! Peanut butter really suppresses hunger longer. You can even double up if you exercise a lot! Although too much peanut butter can be fattening, it has a lot of good stuff in it for you! I hope this helps (:
  • missthang11205
    Options
    A tablespoon of reduced fat peanut butter, and 5 salt free saltine crackers! Peanut butter really suppresses hunger longer. You can even double up if you exercise a lot! Although too much peanut butter can be fattening, it has a lot of good stuff in it for you! I hope this helps (:

I'm actually allergic to nuts but I did just buy some sunflower seed butter
  • dahye_diet
    dahye_diet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nonfat greek yogurt. I like to mix it with either PB2 or cocoa powder with sweetener. For toppings, I like raisins, toasted sliced almonds, or berries.
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    My latest is shredded brocoli like that.
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Not really a snacker but cashews definitely hit the spot.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Lowfat ricotta cheese mixed with seasonings of your choice, served with various veggies like carrots and celery [and on occasion a few crackers]. It might seem like an odd snack, but it's full of high-quality protein and can be seasoned to your liking. I usually add a little sugar and lemon pepper to mine.
  • missthang11205
    Options
    No dairy for me but I could definitely add more veggies. Any vegan and nut free ideas? I have so many allergies
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Grape tomatoes or beef jerky.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, cumcumber, and sugar snap peas with a little cayenne and Ms Dash seasoning (there are several).
  • missthang11205
    Options
    Baby carrots, cumcumber, and sugar snap peas with a little cayenne and Ms Dash seasoning (there are several).

Do you mix them together? I've never tried that. Thanks

• missthang11205
    Options
    Grape tomatoes or beef jerky.

I love those both! I just bought some jerky last week. I also made a cucumber tomato salad. They're so yummy!

• RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    @missthang11205 I do mix them all together in the same container that I take with me to work. :smile: Very convenient.
  • missthang11205
    Options
    @missthang11205 I do mix them all together in the same container that I take with me to work. :smile: Very convenient.

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks
  • kmidash
    kmidash Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I'm really craving a filling snack I make a brown rice pudding- cooked brown rice & almond milk (substitue coconut or soy) simmered until thick, with vanilla, cinnamon, dried cranberries etc.. I've done something similar with quinoa - I usually cook a batch of GF grains and this is how I use it up.

This time of year I do the cucumber rounds in red wine vinegar to substitute for the mid afternoon chip cravings.
  • missthang11205
    Options
    Omg rice pudding sounds amazing! I have to try that
  • hileshia
    hileshia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can you do just fruits