Workout DVD Suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I've got 30ds, too. But I absolutely hate Jillian. lol Well, hate is a strong word....

I also have a the first Biggest Loser workout and that's got Bob Harper as the trainer. I like that one a lot. Getting kinda bored with it, though.

This weekend, I found exercise tv on my On Demand menu on my cable - do you have this??? It's awesome! There's all kinds of different videos, most are about 10-20 minutes a piece. But such a wide variety!
  • willbthin2
    willbthin2 Posts: 31
    Options
    the davina dvds are great! xx
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    I've got 30ds, too. But I absolutely hate Jillian. lol Well, hate is a strong word....

I also have a the first Biggest Loser workout and that's got Bob Harper as the trainer. I like that one a lot. Getting kinda bored with it, though.

This weekend, I found exercise tv on my On Demand menu on my cable - do you have this??? It's awesome! There's all kinds of different videos, most are about 10-20 minutes a piece. But such a wide variety!

Yes!! Exercise tv is my new best friend! Lol
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    Ok, this may sound a bit stone-age, but we don't have cable or satellite... haha! We just don't watch enough to make the $$$ worth it. I know, I know, weird right? :)

So no Netflix or On Demand for me, but that's okay. I'm making a trip tonight to the store to try and find some of these great DVDs... also thinking of trying to get something for the Wii - anybody have any good Wii workout suggestions?
  • o0amber0o
    o0amber0o Posts: 5
    Options
    Ok, this may sound a bit stone-age, but we don't have cable or satellite... haha! We just don't watch enough to make the $$$ worth it. I know, I know, weird right? :)

So no Netflix or On Demand for me, but that's okay. I'm making a trip tonight to the store to try and find some of these great DVDs... also thinking of trying to get something for the Wii - anybody have any good Wii workout suggestions?

Did you know that you can stream Netflix to your TV through your Wii? It's $8/mo for instant streaming and I have to say it's well worth it. You're going to pay that much to buy a work out DVD anyway, you could at least try Netflix just to try out a few fitness DVDs! You can even try Netflix for the first month for free.

I'm totally not a Netflix salesperson or anything, haha I just think it's nice to have variety at your whim!
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options

Did you know that you can stream Netflix to your TV through your Wii? It's $8/mo for instant streaming and I have to say it's well worth it. You're going to pay that much to buy a work out DVD anyway, you could at least try Netflix just to try out a few fitness DVDs! You can even try Netflix for the first month for free.

I'm totally not a Netflix salesperson or anything, haha I just think it's nice to have variety at your whim!

Great suggestion, I'll check it out tonight! Thanks!!!!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

who is your cable provider?
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options

who is your cable provider?

comcast / infinity
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Look what I found? Exercise TV online with plenty of free full-length exercise programs. Worth a try if you like:

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/all/?videotype=free-full-length

Here's a link to Level 1 of Jilian Michael's 30 Day Shred for you to check out. See what you think and then go over to Walmart. DVD is less than $10 here in Canada - probably also true for you in the States:

http://www.4shared.com/video/S0SfqmX7/30_Day_Shred_-_Level_1m4vff.html

Hope this helps.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would highly suggest most beachbody products. I have personally done p90x and chalean extreme. Both are really good programs, both have made me cut body fat and gain muscle and both have a good workout system. Both have 3 days of cardio and 3 days of strength training which is the perfect combo. I think they are well worth the money.

www.teambeachbody.com is the website.

Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Slim in 6, and Insanity all have great reviews.
  • CatGrooms66
    Options
    Jillian vids are awesome, I've been doing 6wk 6 pack and it's great. 30 min, hiit involved with abs so good calorie burn and great results!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I like Kendell Hogan, Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, and of course Leslie Sansone!...Those are just a few..They don't require anything other than handweights, if that...

Also, you can google workouts and find FULL FREE workouts on youtube...There's a good 36 minute workout on jennyford.com that I found yesterday..or if you have digital cable, you might have an on demand channel for exercise..OR go to exercise.tv..they are PLENTY of workout videos available for FREE!

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
  • RaineEstrella
    Options
    Were you able to get the DVDs in a local store or did you have to buy them online?

Also, I don't have much equipment, just some hand weights, so would like to find some dvds that use minimal equipment..

Thanks! :)

I got them at a local store but I'm sure that you should be able to buy them online.

Don't need much equipment, actually the DVD mainly uses hand weights so it's not something you'll have to worry about :)
  • denisepep
    denisepep Posts: 6
    Options
    Anything Davina!