Options
2»

Replies

• gainerpal
    gainerpal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    zayyy237 wrote: »
    Haha thanks guys!

When i used to drink shakes regularly with vanilla whey protein My wife would tell me it helped my flavor. Just another benefit of eating healthy.
  • danplatt
    danplatt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and make a Whey Isolate protein shake three times a day. Once before my workout, once immediately after and one (Casein protein) at bedtime. That extra boost of complete protein rebuilds the micro-tears in lean muscle that occurs during a workout. It doesn't make you lose weight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    gainerpal wrote: »
    Haha thanks guys!

When i used to drink shakes regularly with vanilla whey protein My wife would tell me it helped my flavor. Just another benefit of eating healthy.

:huh:

The OP is female. Plus why would she be interested in hearing what your wife thinks about your "flavour".

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    They just help you meet your protein goals if you are having trouble. They don't do anything else.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I have one for lunch. I love them. :) Vanilla bean protein powder with green tea & blueberry or mixed berry herbal tea, and i throw in some frozen blueberries and strawberries. It's really good and keeps me pretty satiated until dinner.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

eta:

Eew.
  • jsmpeddle82
    jsmpeddle82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love protein shakes. The results are amazing. I have one as soon as i get home from the gym and one before bed. I use nutribolics chocolate peanut butter because im super lactose intolerant. But i love love love mutant. The flavours are amazing and they have it so fine that it never clumps but i cant drink it because they dont remove enough lactose or something so it makes me bloat
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    I've never felt the need.

I've tried 2 protein bars, (one was a Quest brownie bar, to see what all the fuss was about), and had to spit them out. Foul-tasting.

I much prefer Greek yoghurt, sliced ham, or bacon, for some extra protein.

Same here yuck! Try Victory bar from Oh Yeah cookie dough flavor and you won't regret it!
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/oh-yeah-oh-yeah-victory-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-12-bars/is-1058?mr:trackingCode=1F1F5D84-C9E0-E511-80ED-00505694403D&mr:referralID=NA&sourceType=sc&source=SHOP&acqsource=adlucent&utm_source=Shopping&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=Oh+Yeah!&utm_content=IS-1058#.V40HpvkrLIU
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes homemade what I recommend. Just buy unflavored whey protein and add what you want, Delicious and a quick way to hit your protein goal
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    just like everything they are not good or bad all by themselves.. if they fit into your overall diet and help you hit your protein macro then do it up.
  • kylekilgore395
    kylekilgore395 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes could be very good or bad depending what you put in them
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    As in protein shakes

It's just a supplement
  • RaeYballe
    RaeYballe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    They are so convenient for me. I'm usually not a breakfast eater. Food in the morning has always made me nauseated. But I'm trying to be better about not skipping meals. I love grabbing a chocolate protein shake, adding some instant coffee for flavor, and drinking it over ice.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    They just make me happy. I can get my protein goal without them.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I use it as a post workout supplement.