low calorie smoothie recipes?? (200 calorie or less?)

Options
annnastasia6776
annnastasia6776 Posts: 34 Member
Does anybody know of any smoothie recipes that are filling and low in calories? I have seen lots of supposed weight loss recipes but once I plug in the ingredients they tend to be fairly high in calories.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Does anybody know of any smoothie recipes that are filling and low in calories? I have seen lots of supposed weight loss recipes but once I plug in the ingredients they tend to be fairly high in calories.

Satiating is protein, fat & fiber. Protein & fat have calories. So unless you are someone that finds fat free fiber filling (some people do).....your smoothie may very well require more calories.

A scoop of protein powder, almond milk, chia seeds, spinach and strawberries. If you need more fat to give this smoothie staying power (chia seeds have a bit)....then add a spoonful of nut butter.

Smoothies aren't for weight loss. They are great for supplementing protein goals. Any food can be used for weight loss....you just need to stay within overall calorie limits and you should also strive to meet protein & fat goals.
  • much2muse
    much2muse Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Try pumpkin purée, vanilla almond milk, and a low cal sweetener of your choice. I use maple syrup, but it has a lot of calories kinda. You could prob do agave nectar. I like to add pumpkin pie spice, too.
  • annnastasia6776
    annnastasia6776 Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

that's what I thought because of the calorie count (actually DD is successfully gaining on the smoothies) I just kept seeing all over the place that they are great for loosing weight and it can get too darn hot here to cook anything (or eat for that fact) so I was doing smoothies so that I would actually eat something other than ice cream.

• gogos993
    gogos993 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I simply blend 1 scoop of vanilla protein ( 2 if you wish extra protein) with 1 cup of frozen berries blueberries strawberries rasp erries etc and water. Delicious refreshing quick and filling . Caloir count 210 to 360 depending on how many scoops.
  • gettinghealthy007
    gettinghealthy007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like some ideas for smoothies to loose weight on. For breakfast or lunch?
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    When I don't have protein powder I'll mix greek yogurt(a tbs is around 40 cal?) with chia (~60 cal) and frozen berries(70 cal) to make a smoothie. :)
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Protein powder 90 calories
    half cup milk half cup water
    Frozen rasberries
    Ice
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie is coconut water with strawberry, blueberry and banana. Another good one is coconut water with peeled lime and green melon. Also coconut water with a semi-sour apple, kale and spinach. My smoothies are usually between 150-350 for 24 oz