I kept up with them and won!

AmandaJ
AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
I know this sound ridicilous, but I am so very happy. I went with my daughter to her church group tonight because it was parent's night and they have game time. Her game time was with the 3rd through 6th graders. I kept up with them through all the games, we ran lots of laps, we did relays, we played a football throwing game, we rode scooter boards pushing with our hands and pushing other people. We played this ship-wreck game where we had to lay on our bellies and then jump up and run. I did it all and run the last relay for her team. I had a wonderful time, it was so fun to play with her. This was after water aerobics today, swimming laps and taking a 2.25 mile walk.

I know a person shouldn't gloat over beating a bunch of kids, but three weeks ago I would have been on the sidelines holding my sides. I felt tonight like this was paying off and gave me the motivation to turn down the cupcakes and popcorn they offered. :smile:

Replies

• AmandaJ
    I know this sound ridicilous, but I am so very happy. I went with my daughter to her church group tonight because it was parent's night and they have game time. Her game time was with the 3rd through 6th graders. I kept up with them through all the games, we ran lots of laps, we did relays, we played a football throwing game, we rode scooter boards pushing with our hands and pushing other people. We played this ship-wreck game where we had to lay on our bellies and then jump up and run. I did it all and run the last relay for her team. I had a wonderful time, it was so fun to play with her. This was after water aerobics today, swimming laps and taking a 2.25 mile walk.

I know a person shouldn't gloat over beating a bunch of kids, but three weeks ago I would have been on the sidelines holding my sides. I felt tonight like this was paying off and gave me the motivation to turn down the cupcakes and popcorn they offered. :smile:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Great job dear! I'm so glad you are on the black team! hehehe
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    That's soooooo great for you! Congratulations! And it's actually even means more that you beat a bunch of kids:tongue: I mean, they're healthy and quick and it takes a LOT to wear them out!!!! So you go on with your bad self!

Here' s to you!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • AmandaJ
    Thanks lynnie, I am so hoping my weight is good tomorrow. I want tomorrow morning to come but I don't!
  • AmandaJ
    Thanks lulabar! This getting healthy and fit feels fantastic!
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Good for you! I know it's fun to be able to play again :D:flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Woohoo!!! :drinker: That kind of exercise is the most fun to have...and what a great time spent with your daughter, and an awesome example to the other parents to get out there and move and have FUN!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    congrats, that is so great!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!