Up Protein & Cut Carbs/Sugar

Options
Hi all! I have been struggling with trying to up my protein while cutting down significantly on carbs and sugar. I need meal and snack ideas that exclude carbs and sugar completely but I'm having a hard time finding anything that sounds appealing it doesn't take hours to make. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    There are tons of chicken dishes that care be done in 30 minutes or less, Caprese Chicken, Chicken Dijonaise, Cashew Chicken, chicken Fajitas, Chicken Stir Fry. Caramelized Onions and Bacon Smothered pork Chops (or chicken), beef stir fry, steak fajitas, grilled chicken or steak. All 30 minutes or less. I do a pizza topping casserole and a taco salad also.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Steak and salad - although carbs in salad but minimal
  • tlc010283
    tlc010283 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been eating lots of eggs!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Meals and snacks that sound appealing to humans will have a mix of fat, carbs and protein. You are making things very difficult (no, impossible) for yourself if you are looking for meals that don't have any carbs (and sugar is a carb), you'll be tied to meat, fish, and oil, with no seasoning except salt.

You can get in more protein by having some protein rich food at every meal - meat, eggs, nuts, fish and other seafood, dairy, beans, even grains and most vegetables have some protein and it all adds up. Eat a varied diet and you'll most likely get enough.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    It only takes about 20 minutes to cook a chicken breast. Make about 5 pounds of them, let them cool, slice them up and put them in individual size ziplock baggies. Marinade them any way you want, and snack on them.

Beef jerky is also a good option. I make mine from scratch, but it takes 24 hours to marinade and 5 hours in the dehydrator. But really, it kind of makes itself.
  • mermar13
    mermar13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome suggestions! I will try them all, thank you!
  • Zerbiak
    Zerbiak Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Best bang for buck I've found is Shrimp. High Protein/Low Cal