No soda

Options
So far I've gone 3 weeks drinking only water. I've lost 6 lbs and feel better. I started punching my punching bag for a workout. I'd like to hear what others are doing. Maybe we can help encourage someone this way.

Replies

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have been almost 3 months just water with a slice if fruit sometimes. Cut out flour and suga (Doors orders) Swimming and doing weights in the pool..lost 34.something pounds...needing some.motivation this week. Feeling so much better
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Well. I log my food in this diary.
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Well. I log my food in this diary.

Oh ya that too
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    My diary is public, feel free to have a look.
    And no, I'm not just not logging water. I don't drink it...ever, unless it's in the form of delicious energy drinks or Coke Zero.
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I cut most of the added sugar in my diet, so that means only diet soda if I drink soda. Mostly I drink water, tea straight or coffee back. Anyway since cutting way back on sugar I find my hunger is manageable and I can stick to my calorie deficit. Down 4kg in 3 months.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I log my intake everyday and hike mostly. I have cut out nothing from diet and so far have been successful eating everything in moderation.
  • natashaanne2576
    natashaanne2576 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to stop drinking diet Pepsi but it is so addicting! How did you manage to cut the craving for pop?
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I cut out soda for about 4 months straight. Then I let myself have one and my stomach was so angry with me. I don't drink it anymore unless I'm desperately craving it and Everytime my stomach hurts so badly.
  • stephanielosey
    stephanielosey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've gone with only water for 9 months now! A water bottle infuser was a life saver for me! I'd check it out if you like citrus water
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    I keep trying to stop drinking diet Pepsi but it is so addicting! How did you manage to cut the craving for pop?

I stopped buying it and only had it out which was rare. Then when I gave up added sugars I no longer Craved the diet pop. I found making different infused waters helped straberry watermelon was my favorite just a slice of each in my water bottle. About two months in I had a diet ginger ale I always drank diet pop and it tasted gross to me like carbonated water.
  • gcooper7
    gcooper7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

It was tough at first, now I keep trying to just see how long I go. In the beginning I opened a soda took a drink and dumped the rest or gave to my kids.
  • dykask
    Options

I stopped buying it and only had it out which was rare. Then when I gave up added sugars I no longer Craved the diet pop. I found making different infused waters helped straberry watermelon was my favorite just a slice of each in my water bottle. About two months in I had a diet ginger ale I always drank diet pop and it tasted gross to me like carbonated water.

I've cut way back on added sugars to the 5 to 10g / day range and have found I have also cut way back on diet soda. It just isn't as tempting anymore. I still drink some but not as often.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda and coffee about 6 weeks ago. It was something that just sort of happened. Once I went a week then I decided it was just something I didn't really need. Now I crave water. Still go to Starbucks but now I found I really like their refreshers, which have a lot less calories then all my favorite coffee drinks. Also stepped up my number of steps per day. Used to aim for 10,000 to 12,000 now I aim for 30,000.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I've been dieting now for 3 weeks, I've lost a total of 14Ibs so far. I honestly believe that drinking 2-3 litres of water a day and completely cutting out soda has helped me the most. I feel better for it too.
  • natashaanne2576
    natashaanne2576 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    These are all really good suggestions. Thank you! I will have to look into a water infuser for sure.
  • dykask
    Options
    mabearof6 wrote: »
    I stopped drinking soda and coffee about 6 weeks ago. It was something that just sort of happened. Once I went a week then I decided it was just something I didn't really need. Now I crave water. Still go to Starbucks but now I found I really like their refreshers, which have a lot less calories then all my favorite coffee drinks. Also stepped up my number of steps per day. Used to aim for 10,000 to 12,000 now I aim for 30,000.

10,000 steps isn't too hard, 30,000 steps really takes effort!
  • gcooper7
    gcooper7 Posts: 146 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This is awesome, keep the posts coming. I'm about to go start my punching bag workout. What exercises do you find the most beneficial, most fun? What has helped you lose weight?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    gcooper7 wrote: »
    This is awesome, keep the posts coming. I'm about to go start my punching bag workout. What exercises do you find the most beneficial, most fun? What has helped you lose weight?

Eating less food helped me lose weight. Lifting weights helped me look better.
  • menomineeprincess1987
    Options
    I just recently started a diet plan and app. I cut out soda and drink only water with fresh lemon added, and black coffee. I been having a few weak moments but they pass. I was a heavy soda drinker. So far since I started last week Friday I have lost 2lbs. I somewhat feel better. I think it's a little too soon to tell. I'm looking for drastic weight loss and I think giving up soda and turning to water is a good start according to what my eyes are showing me. Trying to stay focused. Like I said earlier my moments of weakness made me to feel like crying like a child would want. It's a little embarrassing to say, but I needed to get that off my chest. Good luck and prayers for everyone who is struggling. ❤️