• ae770
    ae770 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    splenda
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    How can i lose weight when im addicted to sugar?!?!? :(
    2 ways, cold turkey and add in natural sugars, fruits etc.

Ok, not sure what I had in mind for the other way :laugh: :blushing: :noway: but you don't have to give it completely many on here have a treat at the end of the day and add it in their cals. They just plan it in their snacks while planning the cals/food for the day.

If it's a HUGE struggle I found it was just simpler at the beginning to not eat it until I had been away from it long enough for it not to trip me up and send me into a binge. If that's the right way to go for you you can do it hour by hour, day by day whatever works for you.

Another way some do it count out so many hersheys kisses (whatever a portion is like maybe 9 is it?) and enjoy one at a time throughout your day instead of eating from the bag. Some enjoy a low sugar treat like 1/2 cup of Edy's light icecream as their evening snack. Whatever works for you to not feel deprived, if we feel deprived then it becomes a diet mentality and at some point we simply SNAP:angry::grumble: :noway: :wink: :bigsmile:

Well...sad but true:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Honey or Stevia. Sugar free candies, mmmmmmm. Fruit. Flavored tea. Chrystal Light. Look at foods for diabetics... there are some really good sugar free options. You CAN get used to NOT eating sugar.... look for alternatives, be STRONG. Have faith in yourself....:wink:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    yep, I'm with lulubar, my bf is doing this with me and I bought him the Baskin Robbins sugar-free candies, two are only 20 cals! He likes them too! good luck!
  • ae770
    ae770 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Also, there are a lot of sugary foods that now make lower sugar or sugar free versions and they usually taste just as good, and they usually have less calories also. There are popsicles, fudgsicles (my fave), jello pudding, etc, and even stuff like the flavored instant oatmeal.