New here working in Okinawa - from Roanoke, VA

Options
I am a new user. I am not new to fitness, but you would not know that looking at me. I currently weigh 313lbs. I have been working in Okinawa as a contractor since November 2015 and thought that I would naturally lose weight. My job is technical, but involves a lot of walking to do inspections. I wish I'd brought my pedometer so I could track just how much I walked every day.

I shop and eat more local food. I have never been a huge meat eater, but when I eat meat it's normally fresh salmon at my apartment or a dish at a restaurant with chicken or sometimes pork. I don't eat out very often. I eat a lot of vegetables and drink a lot of water due to the heat.

I have gotten to a point of not working every day and have been able to go to the gym most mornings. I feel good which was my main goal. I have not lost any weight even with this added exercise which includes weights and riding a recumbent bike.

I have started reading The Hormone Cure by Dr. Sara Gotffried. I've come to the conclusion that I probably have an issue preventing me from losing weight, but I'm not going to stop. I'm weeding out certain types of foods and will see what happens.

When I go home, I want to start cycling. It's something I've always wanted to do and never done so I want to get started.

Replies

• fitasamermaid
    fitasamermaid Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You took already the first step! Keep going! One of the reasons I need/want to loose weight is to avoid the illnesses my parents are having now due to a sedentary life. Feel free to add me as your friend, and keep up the good work.
  • jollyjeepers
    jollyjeepers Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I agree with you. I don't want to be old and feeble. I don't want to not be independent and strong.