Pokemon Go

Options
2»

Replies

• mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I tried to get into Pokemon Go, but people kept driving by and asking if I was lost or needed a ride, and I felt uncomfortable.

If I'm out pokemon hunting by myself, I usually just pop on earbuds so people won't think I'm lost.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    In my 50s and love it too!
  • Spacewitch88
    Spacewitch88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Pokemon Go player! (I'm one of those .... first hour fans, or so to say. My first game was Pokemon Blue.)
    I live in a big city so no one gives a damn if I look down on my phone every now and then, also, I never go out at night (I'm a woman and I'm kind of short so yeah).
    So far one hour walks are my maximum but that's mostly due to my nervous bladder. I manage to go out at least once a day since I got the game. :) I didn't go out much before that, tbh. I didn't have the motivation.
  • avocuddle2016
    avocuddle2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pokémon Go has been an absolute game changer for me. I'm suddenly full of enthusiasm to go walking and hatch eggs and catch rare pokémon! I would never have dreamed I'd be motivated to take daily walks before. It's honestly helped with my anxiety and overall mood and I find myself talking to total strangers about rare pokémon and it's lovely to have a common interest with so many people!! According to the app I've walked 50km!
  • Heydew
    Heydew Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm loving Pokemon go! I've been playing Pokemon since way back so I was stoked for this. I'm easily hitting my step goal everyday! Yesterday I went for a walk downtown during lunch and after work we took the kids to a playground that has a huge war memorial next to it. One of us chased the kids around while the other hit the poke stops. 121 pokeballs and two worn out kids later we headed home. Lots of fun!
  • cherokeelovebat
    cherokeelovebat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I just downloaded it two days ago and I've been averaging 20km a day lol. It's so much fun and I'm spending pretty much every spare minute I have outdoors. My dog loves it too :)
  • torrielewis1991
    torrielewis1991 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I would play it more but it takes up to much data and hasn't been loading to much the last couple days
  • vicksg73
    vicksg73 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am catching the train to rehearsal tonight (which means lots of walking to and from train) rather than take the car, purely so I can go Pokemon hunting. So I think it's great!
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I was trying to up the number of steps that I take daily and when I found out you had to walk with this, I downloaded it. But not for me, mainly to get my 22 year old up from the computer and moving. He and his slightly older brother have started playing also. I figure as long as I stay a level or two above them, they will keep playing, after all they can't let mom beat them. Since I downloaded it I have been getting in the equivalent of about 4.5 miles daily. Right now I am almost 3 levels above my youngest and 5 levels above my oldest. Fortunately our wireless provider just offered 1 year of it not hitting our data plan.
  • Jimmyh234
    Jimmyh234 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    tryett wrote: »
    I was trying to up the number of steps that I take daily and when I found out you had to walk with this, I downloaded it. But not for me, mainly to get my 22 year old up from the computer and moving. He and his slightly older brother have started playing also. I figure as long as I stay a level or two above them, they will keep playing, after all they can't let mom beat them. Since I downloaded it I have been getting in the equivalent of about 4.5 miles daily. Right now I am almost 3 levels above my youngest and 5 levels above my oldest. Fortunately our wireless provider just offered 1 year of it not hitting our data plan.

Haha that's awesome, I could defiantly see how that would get them up and moving.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!