How do you find Marathons

Options
Mveler
Mveler Posts: 274 Member
I would love to start out small. But I have no idea how to locate local marathons... Any ideas?

Replies

• mynameisnutz
    mynameisnutz Posts: 123
    Options
    marathonguide.com
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    A marathon refers specifically to a 26.2 mile race.

Not sure if start out small means small marathons, or shorter races (5k, 10k, etc.).

Indeed marathonguide.com is that best place marathons.

For local 5k & 10k race try active.com (as much as I hate them for their deceptive business practices...).
  • Mveler
    Options
    Yeah, I am in no way an expert and therefore had no idea what a "marathon" was other then running. Thanks for the education and yes, a SMALL start would be the 5K then? Ok Nice place to start.
  • arc918
    Options
    Yeah, I am in no way an expert and therefore had no idea what a "marathon" was other then running. Thanks for the education and yes, a SMALL start would be the 5K then? Ok Nice place to start.

Good luck! Not sure if you have done the "couch to 5K" program, but there are lots of new runners on this site using it.

Happy running!
  • Mveler
    Options
    Is that a dvd?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    1. google search marathons. 2) check out the mag. runners world, in the back they will list them. 3. contact other runners in your area network with them ask them what they are doing. 4. same as above mentioned.
  • arc918
    Options
    Is that a dvd?

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

here is the ORIGINAL C25K - don't pay anyone for it, the program is free!
  • Mveler
    Options
    Thanks thanks thanks!! I will check it out.