Peanut butter

Options
Ktjc2016
Ktjc2016 Posts: 37 Member
Can some one tell me if the 15g recommended portion of peanut butter is equivalent to one tablespoon? I use measuring spoons as I don't have scales

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to be, but I can get way more than 15g on a spoon...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Ktjc2016 wrote: »
    Can some one tell me if the 15g recommended portion of peanut butter is equivalent to one tablespoon? I use measuring spoons as I don't have scales

It would be roughly equivalent -- it could be more or less. A measuring spoon is going to be much less accurate than a scale, so you wouldn't know for sure.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and order a scale, they are like $5-$10. The most accurate measurement is in grams - a tablespoon just happens to be the measurement closest to which a portion fits inside, but you can easily eat almost twice as much as you think you are if you just use spoons.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and order a scale, they are like $5-$10. The most accurate measurement is in grams - a tablespoon just happens to be the measurement closest to which a portion fits inside, but you can easily eat almost twice as much as you think you are if you just use spoons.

^^^^^So much this.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I can get like 200 grams of pb on a spoon, without much effort. Dammit. Now I want peanut butter on a spoon!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    I can get like 200 grams of pb on a spoon, without much effort. Dammit. Now I want peanut butter on a spoon!!

Me too! Do not trust your eye or measuring spoons. I bought my food scale from my local grocery store for $10. A food scale is probably the wisest investment you can make if you want to successfully and consistently lose weight.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

Man... I used to use a spoon to mesure my PB (which I eat daily) and decided to try a scale once, boy was I sad when I realized I'd been using 4 times the amount I was logging LOL!!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Man... I used to use a spoon to mesure my PB (which I eat daily) and decided to try a scale once, boy was I sad when I realized I'd been using 4 times the amount I was logging LOL!!!

Depressing isn't it :sad: In this case, ignorance truly was bliss!

• susan72mfp
    susan72mfp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I want peanut buter. I miss you my friend.