I CHALLENGE YOU!!!

Options
I CHALLENGE YOU!!!

I am challenging myself!! Will you join me?

Check this out if you have not seen it….

www.hundredpushups.com

“If you're serious about increasing your strength, follow this six week training program and you'll soon be on your way to completing 100 consecutive push ups!
Think there's no way you could do this? I think you can! All you need is a good plan, plenty of discipline and about 30 minutes a week to achieve this goal!
No doubt some of you can already do 50 consecutive push ups, but let's face it, you're in a big minority. Most of you reading this won't even be able to manage 20 pushups. Actually, I'm sure many of you can't even do 10.
However, it really doesn't matter which group you fall into. If you follow the progressive push ups training program, I'm positive you'll soon be able to do 100 push ups!”…

Click the link to read more…there are also apps you can download if you have a smart phone. Now, I will tell you, I’ve already done this and it took me 12 weeks, not six. I did it with modified pushups (knee pushups) and now I am starting over with “good form pushups” (what’s known in my household and many as “military pushups).

I am going to do my endurance test tomorrow – Wednesday. I will start the program on Friday and go Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from there…

Come on, it’s fun! A little painful and frustrating at times… but really, it’s fun and rewarding!! I’ve never built any upper body strength in my life and I did this!!

Here’s the thread from the first round if you want to see ….

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/201567-one-hundred-pushup-challenge

Looking forward to meeting anyone who wants to join this challenge!!

Replies

• katijjane
    katijjane Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i'm up for this!!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome - I'm in!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    UGH! I hate push-ups. I'll do it!!!
  • Nomarfan
    Nomarfan Posts: 36
    Options
    I just downloaded the app and I am in. When do we start?
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I just downloaded the app and I am in. When do we start?

That's great!!

I'm doing the first test tomorrow and starting the program on Friday!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Is the app free? If not, how much is it? I am at work and we don't have wi-fi so I can't get it on my ipod yet. =(
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Is the app free? If not, how much is it? I am at work and we don't have wi-fi so I can't get it on my ipod yet. =(

it's free!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    this was one of my goals this year. :) it would be great to do it with some friends; count me in!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    this was one of my goals this year. :) it would be great to do it with some friends; count me in!

Great!! You (and anyones else joining in) can friend me if you'd like too... just mention pushup challenge with the request (I quit accepting anonymous friend requests -- sort of just now) !!

Excited to have a group to do this with!!! :smile:
  • AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I might not post regularly, but I'll get on when I think of it

Edit: I just completed the initial test. 12 modified knee pushups.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Count me in. I might not post regularly, but I'll get on when I think of it

Edit: I just completed the initial test. 12 modified knee pushups.

great job!!! love your signature quote!!
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    I'm in, I will do initial test this weekend and begin next monday, the 11th. This will be interesting because I've never been good at doing push ups, have always had to do the modified knee push ups. Hope to move up to "military" form.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I'm in, I will do initial test this weekend and begin next monday, the 11th. This will be interesting because I've never been good at doing push ups, have always had to do the modified knee push ups. Hope to move up to "military" form.

This will be my first attempt ever (well maybe since Jr High) doing pushups from my toes!! Good luck and welcome!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    UGH! I hate push-ups. I'll do it!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: great attitude!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    bump
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)

all i can say is at least they aren't burpees
  • dani921
    dani921 Posts: 8
    Options

Ditto! I hate burpees ever since I did a bodyrock workout. I'm in I think for this I must download the app.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options

Ditto! I hate burpees ever since I did a bodyrock workout. I'm in I think for this I must download the app.

Agreed!
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    For some good reading on this type of goal/ workout check out 100 rep challenge, the brainchild of Rannoch Donald. Lots of good stuff on their website, compiled by knowledgeable people. http://www.100repchallenge.com