55lbs down, 14lb to go (be warned, underwear pics!)

Options
CaliforniaAJ
CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
edited July 2016 in Success Stories
I am 55lbs into my journey and not brave enough to take photos at the start, but here is 160lbs and 144lbs, showing the huge difference 16lbs (over 2 months) can make!!
xryuu47aexmz.png

46 yrs
5'4"
SW 199 (Jan 1st 2016)
CW 144
GW 130

Replies

• SallyKaPow
    SallyKaPow Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well done you! You look fabulous :)
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Great progress-congrats!! :)
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    w2g!
  • CaliforniaAJ
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thank you all <3 I'm not really one to post pics, but I have not lost weight for 2 weeks. However I have lost inches! I thought putting up this post would keep me honest and motivated to post that final pic in 14lbs when I reach 130lbs.
  • katielynn107
    katielynn107 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! Congratulations on your success so far!
  • Hoohoohaa
    Hoohoohaa Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That is a huge difference. Congrats!
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great work!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Fabulous progress!
  • MaryLuvsTheLamb
    MaryLuvsTheLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! <3
  • decembre2015
    decembre2015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well done - do you mind me asking how you got belly zone to tone-up? Was pic 1 postpartum ? Would love tips on how to tone belly zone in that short a time frame. TIA
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Can see changes for sure
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Wow - such a difference. You must be very proud of your success. All the best for the future and keep taking the pics. they are such a concrete way to notice change. <3
  • CaliforniaAJ
    Options
    Well done - do you mind me asking how you got belly zone to tone-up? Was pic 1 postpartum ? Would love tips on how to tone belly zone in that short a time frame. TIA

LOL, not Postpartum, but at that point I had lost 40lbs already, so lots of loose and saggy skin.

I do lots of core exercises. My favorites are weighted sit ups with a 10lb kettle bell, and laying overhead raises with a 10lb kettle bell. I do 3 x 15 of these every workout.
    I workout 4/5 times a week, 45 mins on a treadmill for a 3 mile walk, and for 15 mins of that I use smaller 5lb dumbbells and do arm exercises. This really engages my core as well.
    Then I do 15-25 mins of strength training with 10lb dumbells and an olympic bar with 30lbs on it.
    I do all this at home, but I used to work with a trainer, so I sort of know what I am doing.

My diary is open, but I do eat VLC (very low carb) keeping under 20g of carb per day and I concentrate on protein. Despite everything that tells you you can't build muscle at deficit, I certainly have. I have quite the 'guns' LOL! My abs are really taking shape, so once the rest of the fat melts away, they should be amazing. Fingers crossed.

• angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational! Great job! Keep up the hard work it is truly paying off!
  • CaliforniaAJ
    Options
    Latest progress pic. I have decided to aim for 125lbs now.c9nxvvdz3g93.png
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Fabulous work, keep it up!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I am 55lbs into my journey and not brave enough to take photos at the start, but here is 160lbs and 144lbs, showing the huge difference 16lbs (over 2 months) can make!!
    xryuu47aexmz.png

46 yrs
    5'4"
    SW 199 (Jan 1st 2016)
    CW 144
    GW 130
    WOW! What difference two months can make dramatic just fabulous! How did do it so fast? It takes me 2 months to lose 5lbs.!
  • CaliforniaAJ
    edited August 2016
    Options
    WOW! What difference two months can make dramatic just fabulous! How did do it so fast? It takes me 2 months to lose 5lbs.!

I have actually slowed my loss a little now. At the start I was doing 2 -2.5lbs a week and now it is more like 1.5lbs a week.

I eat LCHF, keep to 1200 calories and workout 5x a week. Each workout is 45 mins on a treadmill for a 3 mile walk, and for 15 mins of that I use smaller 5lb dumbbells and do arm exercises. This really engages my core as well.
    Then I do 20-30 mins of strength training with 10lb dumbells and an olympic bar with 30lbs on it.
    I do all this at home, but I used to work with a trainer, so I sort of know what I am doing. I don't eat back any of my exercise calories.

I am also concentrating on my shape now, so when I am standing around I am always doing hip circles, or I find a step and do step ups. I do lunges while I wait for the lift (seriously, I am not going in that stairwell!) and I do barre work at the kitchen counter while I am cooking (but not when I am chopping!).

I am actually amazed at how I am shaping up. My abs are really getting quite defined. When the last of the fat goes, hopefully I will have a 6 pack LOL!

bprnwpm76jmm.png

I'll have to go out and buy some better underwear soon LOL. To the trash with the granny pants!!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!