How do you like your peanut butter?

Options
GeoBaybee
GeoBaybee Posts: 69 Member
Looking for more ideas for my favorite meal/snack addition.

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    We make our own in the food process. Roasted peanuts with sea salt and honey. I put mine with bacon on an English muffin for supper sometimes. I love it on caramel rice cakes. And I eat it several times daily mixed into nonfat Greek yogurt, along with PB2 to keep flavor up and calories down. Oh, and I will mix some with a little stevia and extra salt, stir in chocolate chips and microwave til soft. A lovely special treat! I also like to spread some on a chocolate chip oatmeal granola bar.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I switched to one of the "natural" brands a couple of years ago, less sodium and it actually tastes like peanuts. I like mine on toast, bagels etc etc but I also put a tablespoon in my oatmeal and in smoothies.
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I usually put some on a graham cracker or with sliced bananas on a slice of whole wheat bread.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    Mixed in with my oatmeal. PB and Banana sandwich is one of go-to snacks too!
  • CoachJen71
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Caitlinbc wrote: »
    I usually put some on a graham cracker or with sliced bananas on a slice of whole wheat bread.

Oh, yes! Really great stuff. I'll skip the bread and just have more PB and banana. ;)
  • almostanangel21
    almostanangel21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Caffeinated. At least during the school year. A tablespoon on whole-grain toast with breakfast makes it a lot easier to get through six straight hours of classes.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Get a vitamix and welcome to the world of all the unique homemade nut and seed butters. Almond butter is amazing...as is cashew. Sunflower seed butter is great too.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    By the spoonful, on sandwiches, in cookies, on toast, on crackers, on apple or celery or carrots slices, mixed into vanilla ice cream

ETA: peanut butter cream pie is delicious
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Apple or celery w peanut butter w a few raisins,on Whole Grain English muffin, or toast w a little honey. Peanut butter crackers.Thai style peanut sauce for noodles or chicken. I sometimes put a Tablespoon w unsweetened cocoa powder in my smoothie.Of course the occasional Reese's peanut butter cup, or spoonful right out of jar.:)
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Honestly: right out of the jar.... :D
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I second the english muffin!
  • Latucker21
    Latucker21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    No peanut butter, but peanut powder - in my oatmeal, yogurt or smoothies.
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    i adore peanut butter, it should be a food group! i personally like taking a corn tortilla (i'm gluten free) and wrapping a banana with peanut butter. excellent snack! also, if you can get it, try blind spot nut butters...i love their super squirrely tail! it's nut butter blended with cranberries and raisins and it's ah-mazing :)
  • CoachJen71
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ETA: peanut butter cream pie is delicious

If I make my pb/Pb2 Greek yogurt with a dash of salt, vanilla and butter flavoring, and leave it overnight, it firms up and becomes very pie-like. I have it for breakfast about 99% of the time!
  • mjpatter63
    mjpatter63 Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Ice Cream and the two foods that I do not buy or have in the house. I have really good self control on the foods I eat, but PB and IC are just too calorie dense and too tempting for me too have around. Previously, PB was my food of choice for late night binging. I do keep nuts around and count/weigh them to include into my diet and occasionally I will eat ice cream by going out for it as a treat.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    In powdered form
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    PB&J, just not as much as in my former life.