Help almost a month and little change

Options
Ive been counting calories and staying on track. Working out 5-6 days a week with light weight lifting and I have only lost 3 pounds and see very little change. I feel like giving up

Replies

• doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! Consistency is key :)
  • courtneyrm
    courtneyrm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    They say a healthy weight loss is max 2 lbs per week. Sounds like you're losing about 1 lb per week which is also really good. Sounds cliche but muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are lifting, you may not see as big of a loss on the scale but eventually you will see your shape changing. Sounds like you are on the right track keep it up!

It took me 3 and a half weeks to see weight loss on the scale. Sometimes it just takes a while for your body to adjust to all the positive changes that you are making I think.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    courtneyrm wrote: »
    They say a healthy weight loss is max 2 lbs per week. Sounds like you're losing about 1 lb per week which is also really good. Sounds cliche but muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are lifting, you may not see as big of a loss on the scale but eventually you will see your shape changing. Sounds like you are on the right track keep it up!

It took me 3 and a half weeks to see weight loss on the scale. Sometimes it just takes a while for your body to adjust to all the positive changes that you are making I think.

A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. Muscle takes up less space per pound. However, you will see very little muscle gain eating at a deficit. You will, however, retain lots of water for muscle repair when you are new to lifting.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Most importantly, if you are lifting light and eating at enough of a deficit to lose a pound a week you are absolutely not gaining muscle.

Never mind that gold is not heavier than feathers.

You are losing at a reasonable rate, if you are unsatisfied, you have 2 options, either lower your calorie intake or change your expectations.

Good luck.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Log every bite even the tastes that you do while cooking. make sure to log every workout. Fuel your machine and log enough food to meet your goal each day. Set your goal for 1lb per week so that you can keep it off.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Ive been counting calories and staying on track. Working out 5-6 days a week with light weight lifting and I have only lost 3 pounds and see very little change. I feel like giving up

You're losing about a pound a week. Congrats! That's a decent rate of loss. Keep at it,.you're doing great.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options

How much weight do you have to lose? If you're 200 pounds overweight you can probably lose at a rate faster than 3 pounds/month. If 20-30 however, 3 pounds in a month is AWESOME. Think of the good things you are doing for your body. You are most likely healthier and more fit than you were a month ago. If you give up now, you'll likely be less healthy and less fit in a few months than you are now. Which is the better alternative?
  • MFPUser42354
    MFPUser42354 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on your program?