Divorced Hangout

Options
KevinPsalm23v4
KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
Going through one, survived one (or two or three) or even thinking about one.

Replies

• KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Going through my first one - got married 2001 and it looks like this one will finalize in 2016.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    About to go through one. Been married 13 years, and we separated 6 weeks ago bc he wouldn't be financially responsible.
  • dimasj
    dimasj Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Survived one... was married for 10 years we were together for 17 in total... once child and fortunately we were able to agree on most things so kept us out of court and way from multiple lawyer visits.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Just starting one, married 13 years. :-(
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    runto107 wrote: »
    Going through my first. Married 9 years together 10. Been trying to divorce him for over a year but can't locate him and haven't got any papers turned back in from possible addresses sent to. (I know he got one set from his parents) army can't find him either. He's far off the deep end lol. Not even sure what to do at this point. Married him at 18, he was 32. Should have known he was a user and abuser. My kids and I are safe now and that's what matters. :smile:

Can't a judge approve a legal divorce after so many attempts at finding him? Ask your lawyer or someone at the court.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    already on #2
  • DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Went through a divorce back in 2003 (was married for 4 years). I learned a lot about myself in the 8 years I was single. Got married again in 2011 and it is definitely better, but sometimes I have to ask myself if my wife remembers she is married...
  • phoofy
    phoofy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    spiritbrat wrote: »
    Survived one. Was married 12 yrs. my biggest piece of advice get every thing on paper no matter how "amicable" you think it is.

Indeed. Thanks to a team of mediators and lawyers, I think I'm covered should things go south and become less amicable.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Divorced 2x. Married 4 years to husband #3 and that's a record for me. Like @TheRoadDog said, I am the common denominator in these relationships so I'm working on things :*:*:*
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    First marriage lasted 18 years, second marriage lasted 18 months...there will be no third but have been with the same significant other for 3 years. We're good with it without the paperwork.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I was divorced for 2 years, hated it. I love being married again <3
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    I was married for 35yrs,
    been divorced for 1yr,
    hate it.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member