Looking for ladies who lift and/or any motivational friends! :)

Options
I'm fairly new to lifting. I've been lifting weights recreationally for about a year or so and I've lost about 16 pounds and gained a lot of muscle mass along the way. My body fat percentage has dropped by over 12%!! I still have a fair bit of fat mass to lose though.

I've really enjoyed progressing, so I recently decided to get a little more serious with it and start a real program instead of doing the same ol boring full body progression.

I would love to see more lifting ladies on my friends list so we can motivate and support each other!

However, anyone who's interested can feel free to add me! :smiley:
Anyone who's losing weight, gaining mass, and/or living healthy is applicable to my lifestyle goals.

Replies

• groovy_chic47
    groovy_chic47 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've recently started my weight loss journey to losing weight and toning up and have been lifting plus some Cardio and have been seeing amazing results:) what's your favorite lift?
  • GeordieLaforge
    GeordieLaforge Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @groovy_chic47 nice! I personally LOVE anything that involves back/pulling (deadlifts, pullups, rows, etc.). I also really enjoy squatting :smile: What about you?
  • groovy_chic47
    Options
    @bungie01 sweet! I personally hate deadlifts...lol! I just can't get the form right but they are such a good lift I know that! I love squats of all forms and alot enjoy shoulder and back exercises!:)
  • GeordieLaforge
    Options
    @groovy_chic47 yeah deadlifts took me a while to feel comfortable with haha, so I understand completely :tongue:
  • groovy_chic47
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @bungie01 Yeah I get frustrated lol :( I'll get them some day tho!! Over head Shoulder press is an amazing one for shoulders one of my favorites :)
  • christineebersbach
    christineebersbach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome on your fitness progress, and weights are the way to go for lasting changes! I am addicted to it. Lol. I'd love to make friends with other ladies who l8ft!
  • lenn340
    lenn340 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    good luck on ur fitness progress .
  • tammmers83
    tammmers83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love lifting. I lost 140lbs lifting. I used to bench 210 with reps. But.... I have gained about 100 back...
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I lift a few times a week! I've been pretty recreational about it, but lately I've been keeping track of my numbers and working on getting stronger.
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Deadlift is life! Will send you a request.
  • nicolettemarii
    nicolettemarii Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I played a division one sport and weight trained three days a week for the last four years so I like to think I learned a thing or too:) I messed up my back a bit on hang cleans so now tend to stick with more body weight/dumbbell workouts. I try and eat very healthy and clean but of course always slip in social situations
  • Angeline313
    Angeline313 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi..i need motivation too..please add me! Nice to meet you :)
  • gibbsadrianc
    gibbsadrianc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Needing friends on here to stay motivated to keep up with my diary and progress pics. I too lift, deadlifts being my favorite although I'm lifting a comical amount at the moment :)
  • MsBubbles79
    MsBubbles79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, i've been lifting for two years and love it! Be great to speak to other lady lifters! I have managed to put on a stone and a half in the last 18 months - so need some help and motivation to get ti back off! I struggle to eat clean.. and find that the 5:2 diet really helps (when I keen to sensible around my training)
  • Tay617
    Tay617 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have been incorporating weights into my workout seeing great results, I would love to follow anyone, that can suggest new moves, I follow a couple of fitness ppl on snapchat and instagram. I love dead lifts, I do mine with dumbells at the moment. I started with doing deadlifts without weights to adjust my body and get the form down and then doing them with 5lb weights once I was used to the form with light weights, I increased to the weights that appropriate for my strength level
  • Tay617
    Tay617 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have been incorporating weights into my workout seeing great results, I would love to follow anyone, that can suggest new moves, I follow a couple of fitness ppl on snapchat and instagram. I love dead lifts, I do mine with dumbells at the moment. I started with doing deadlifts without weights to adjust my body and get the form down and then doing them with 5lb weights once I was used to the form with light weights, I increased to the weights that appropriate for my strength level
  • CherryBerry0611
    CherryBerry0611 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been interested in lifting for a while and just started to recently. I'd love more friends who lift and can give motivation and advice, or maybe some links and apps. I'm working my way up to lifting 3X a week. How do you manage to do your cardio the day after feeling so sore from lifting? Do you just power through?
  • GeordieLaforge
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Tay617 wrote: »

@Tay617 you should check out a few great youtubers for female strength training. A few of my favorites are Heidi Somers, Jen Heward, Meg Squats, Nikki Blackketter, Jazmine Garcia and Robin Gallant!

Feel free to add me. I've been interested in lifting for a while and just started to recently. I'd love more friends who lift and can give motivation and advice, or maybe some links and apps. I'm working my way up to lifting 3X a week. How do you manage to do your cardio the day after feeling so sore from lifting? Do you just power through?

@CherryBerry0611 I personally don't do steady state cardio. I used to run, but I found it kind of boring after a while. So now I do a quick 15 or 20 minute HIIT for my cardio. It's tough, but its fun and it's over quick haha. I only do HIIT's when I feel like doing them though, I don't have a set schedule or anything. If I'm too sore or just not feeling it, I wont do one. I usually end up doing them about two or three times a week though.
  • elzianne
    elzianne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just added you! Any other lady lifters / people interested in lifting, feel free to add me too :smile: