Maintaining weight

How do I know when to stop losing weight and start maintaining? I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable with how I lookgabz7jm8pf0x.png

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited July 2016
    We can't answer that for you
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Yea this is a hard question to answer. I struggle with it myself. For me it's when either I am frustrated with being at a deficit or I am starting to look too lean (then I would usually bulk), OR if I am at my goal weight but my body needs composition work (recomp - eating at maintenance + progressive strength training).

I think you look great. But what are you not comfortable with? To be honest I don't think I will ever be 100% comfortable either, but I will settle for 90%
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    I have that exact same mirror! Most people have some sort of body issues, but it's important to learn to be comfortable with ourselves and like ourselves for who we are. Even if you reach your goal weight range you may not be 100% happy and that's ok as long as it's not an obsession or self-hatred.

I'm constantly changing my fitness goals and reshaping my body. We are all a work in progress. Instead of focusing on the number on the scale set fitness goals now. Appreciate your body for what it can do for you.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    I'm not sure what you want... Are you asking what we think you should do based on the photo? Or is there a specific goal you want to reach that you need help with? Or are you asking for psychological help with body dysmorphia-type issues?
  • TylerForget
    TylerForget Posts: 38 Member
    It comes down to preference (as ong as you're healthy). I think you look amazing as-is, but if you wanted to lose more, in my opinion, 10lbs is the most you should lose. Any more and I think it wouldn't suit you.