Post Your Favorite Post-Workout Meal/Supplement

Currently, mine is Mammoth Mass Gainer, spinach, frozen fruit, hemp/flax seeds, goji berries, PVL MCT oil and milk, all thrown into a Nutribullet!

Replies

• BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    I am trying to lose weight so my post workout is usually a lot water a banana and a Greek yogurt. Sometimes its all that plus a scoop of Vanilla Designer whey protein and I make a smoothie.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Whey protein.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Currently, mine is Mammoth Mass Gainer, spinach, frozen fruit, hemp/flax seeds, goji berries, PVL MCT oil and milk, all thrown into a Nutribullet!

Looks good. Mass gainers are about 75% cheap fillers. You're better off going with whey protein and adding your own "mass gaining" ingredients (oats, chocolate syrup, etc.). May want to consider shifting the MCT oil to another part of the day. Conventional wisdom says to avoid fats immediately post-workout.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Water & an orange
  • WillpowerBurton
    WillpowerBurton Posts: 65 Member
    kwtilbury wrote: »

Looks good. Mass gainers are about 75% cheap fillers. You're better off going with whey protein and adding your own "mass gaining" ingredients (oats, chocolate syrup, etc.). May want to consider shifting the MCT oil to another part of the day. Conventional wisdom says to avoid fats immediately post-workout.

Thanks for the tip! Will do!
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    12 ounce strip steak, four eggs and a glass of High pulp OJ
  • WillpowerBurton
    WillpowerBurton Posts: 65 Member

Dude. Nice. I'm going to have to try that one out!
    PUT IT ALL IN THE NUTRIBULLET YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;)
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    beer
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member

Dude. Nice. I'm going to have to try that one out!
    PUT IT ALL IN THE NUTRIBULLET YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;)

Kind of like a Hells Kitchen punishment lol
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    http://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/science-says-post-workout-meal-not-necessary

The authors don’t quite succeed in destroying the perceived necessity of post-workout nutrition. A post-workout meal certainly won’t hurt you, and is probably going to help. But they do succeed in illuminating the fact that pre-workout nutrition and total caloric intake are equally important factors. If an athlete is training fasted, then a post-workout meal is critical. If an athlete is training multiple times per day, then a post-workout meal is critical. But for athletes who train once per day, get adequate calories throughout the day, and ensure they consume a solid pre-workout meal, that hallowed two-hour window to suck down a protein shake may not be as important as we once though