Seriously hating cardio :/

Options
2»

Replies

• natalie1713
    natalie1713 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    yes hopefully like I stated ive had a stressful few weeks Monday I didn't even hit 1,000 I only ate dinner which was like 600 and something. will try and start eating properly tomorrow, just never feel hungry if I'm stressed out.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yes hopefully like I stated ive had a stressful few weeks Monday I didn't even hit 1,000 I only ate dinner which was like 600 and something. will try and start eating properly tomorrow, just never feel hungry if I'm stressed out.

That's what peanut butter was invented for :smile:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    well I tend to do hiit workouts, or things along them lines. by cardio I just mean intensive stuff. I tend to walk between 3 and 5 miles a day usually aswell ( well according to my fitbit)

HIIT can cover a wide range but if you aren't into it anymore why not try something else? If you like indoor exercises there are a wide variety of classes, machines and DVDs available. If you prefer outdoor there are also a lot of options there - biking, hiking, sports, running, paddle boarding ...

But if the walking is at a brisk pace then you are already getting enough cardio.
  • natalie1713
    Options
    yes I walk brisk pace most the unless I have my toddler with me lol, I tend to do indoor exercise so then I can get up before my boy and get exercise. but I am bored to death of workout vids on youtube also I live I a flat so have to be careful cz the amount of banging. i need a non repetitive workout
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    yes I walk brisk pace most the unless I have my toddler with me lol, I tend to do indoor exercise so then I can get up before my boy and get exercise. but I am bored to death of workout vids on youtube also I live I a flat so have to be careful cz the amount of banging. i need a non repetitive workout

That's a little hard to get with a machine or DVD. Reminds of when my sister complained about her workout DVD because she got tired of hearing them say the same thing every time. :laugh:

Maybe check your local library for workout DVDs. Some have them and some don't but that would be a good way to mix it up without spending a lot of money.
  • natalie1713
    Options
    will give it a go the libraries down here are pretty basic if not ill stick to weights and walking :/
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I use Fitness Blender, never bored and I am the queen of getting bored.

But please, log accurately and eat adequately. Even a chocolate bar will do to get your calories up.
  • CaraRahl
    CaraRahl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has a bunch of free videos (by a bunch I mean aboutt 400-500 I've lost count), there are several low-impact videos in their library, including a couple that are specifically labelled as being great for people in dorms/apartments. So yeah, if you want some more cardio options, check them out; also, if you're loving the weights, check them out anyway, they have a ton of strength training videos as well. Don't know if pilates/yoga are really your thing or not, but they do videos for those as well if you end up looking for a change.
  • natalie1713
    Options
    I use fitness blender quite often, tbh I think it has prob been the lack of food as ive only started hating cardio over the last few weeks and that's when ive been skipping lunch and breakfast mainly cz my little boy has been poorly lately ive just been neglecting myself a bit and still expecting to go at the same pace lol. I used to do yoga everyday and do abit with my boy to chill him before bed, I really enjoy pilates just haven't done it in a while may start that again. This is such a great sight its nce to see so many helpful people
  • pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Technically yes. All you need is a deficit. But if you do cardio then you can eat more to lose weight. For instance, if you burn 300 cals from running, you can eat those 300 cals back. Go chase Pokemon and run / walk briskly while you go find em. It makes me enjoy my runs more and the time goes by faster! :)
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing any cardio and I'm down 16 pounds in 2 months with a moderate calorie deficit and lifting HEAVY 3 times a week. My weight loss has slowed wayyy down recently but I'm losing inches (3.5 off my waist, 3 off my hips). I used to do cardio but weightlifting is more satisfying for me personally.
  • cutbackcoach
    cutbackcoach Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing any cardio and I'm down 16 pounds in 2 months with a moderate calorie deficit and lifting HEAVY 3 times a week. My weight loss has slowed wayyy down recently but I'm losing inches (3.5 off my waist, 3 off my hips). I used to do cardio but weightlifting is more satisfying for me personally.

That's a classic pattern for your training Hanna - two months into heavy lifting - some new muscle appearing, while inches are disappearing from the fat-storage locations - dollars to donuts you are losing bodyfat and gaining muscle at the same time, the net of which is that slowing of the decrease in scale-weight. Its awful isn't it - your clothes fit better, you're fitter . . . oh wait, its not awful in the slightest! ;-) Don't be surprised if that trend continues for a while more - for 6 months out to a year or so, muscle grows at its fastest rate - you just keep getting leaner and stronger at the same time, regardless of what is happening with the scale. After a year or so, the muscle growth rate will start to slow (they'll still get stronger, but by different adaptations) and the "scale" number (net total weight) will still go down, perhaps a little faster, assuming you have anything left to lose and aren't just in maintenance mode by then. Its a common outcome in studies that expose people to BOTH caloric control and serious strength training - the "diet and strength" groups may see less absolute weight loss than the "diet only" groups, but their body composition improves much more (they lose fat AND add useful muscle - the inches shrink in all the right places because muscle, even though they add some, is much more compact, less voluminous, tissue than adipose). Anyway, great job!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,883 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yeah, you can lose weight by dropping calories (no brainer). Cardio can be fun, get on a bike and go on an adventure. Skipping rope is also fun, get some good tunes going and learn some tricks!

Stay away from the dreadmill.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    bah, i love the treadmill. i watch tv
  • natalie1713
    Options
    haha don't think my little one would be keep most my exercise has to fit around him, don't really understand why you need to eat back the calories though?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't do cardio. I started backing off when I figured out how to control my diet, but the first time I hit maintenance I was doing zero. I lift weights only.

I'm actually considering putting some back in. Because I'm a little fat atm
  • natalie1713
    Options
    yeh ive decided now just weights as I do a lot of running around after my little one, also just got a job as a carer for night shifts so imagine that involves a lot of walking, i'd like to start jogging but too shy to do it in public :/