Weight and the female monthly cycle....

Options
2»

Replies

• rqlinzer
    rqlinzer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I stepped on the scale this morning, and there it was, an additional 5 pounds!!! I am glad I saw this thread when I logged on because I was about to lose it!!!
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Mine just started - it was up 2lbs. Today I'm down a lb. I usually finish my cycle at the same weight or a lb below where I started
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Does anyones weight fluctuate during ovulation also?

I have noticed I 'retain water' around that time... but I'll need a couple more months before I really notice a trend
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself when that ***** is in town.

What's the point? She's a party pooper.

LOL! I think I love you!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I started my placebo pills on sunday(I'm on birth control) and I hopped on the scale monday anti it said 160/161... weighed my self last thursday and I was at 158... def. water weight of about 2 to 3 pounds. Not weighing again until next thursday... but drinking my water like its my job.
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about this. My cycle has been awful lately (as in lasting from 10-30 days, currently on day 26) and I've been holding weight like it's my job. I don't think I can deny the gain anymore! I'm up about 6 lbs since this horrible problem started a few months ago.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Only about a pound the day before... My weight isn't affected so much by my monthly time (or ovulation, which is worse for me food wise) as it is by the water I drink to hold off the stupid cravings.

worst time for me also! put on about 3/5lbs normally then loose it a week later...
  • rg4u
    rg4u Posts: 20
    Options
    I usually don't experience a weight change during my period but when I ovulate it's not unusual for my weight to jump 3-5 pounds. Stupid me though, I'm ALWAYS freaked out about it and it takes a while for it to register that this is what happens monthly!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I reallyyy bloat, and retain water nearly the entire time. Usually 5-8lbs and it's very, very frustrating!!
    [/quote

Me to 5 plus pounds but afterwards I lose it all and normally a extra pound