Weight loss competition- would you do it?

Options
2»

Replies

• bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I did a Biggest Loser at work. Totally don't agree with it.
    But I did it to win. $400 in my pocket thank you :#

ETA: Oh and I lost 9kgs :smile:
  • earthakin66
    earthakin66 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would definitely do it! I get motivated by a goal, and supported by other people. If I had 18 pounds to go and lost only 10, that would be a big win for me!
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I think quick weight loss contests are dangerous and stupid, and promote a dangerous and stupid attitude towards weight and health.

So, no.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I thrive on competition, so I would consider it, but it depends on the set-up of the contest. If it's a "Biggest Loser" type, then no, I probably wouldn't. But I like the set-up of contests like DietBet, where if you lose your set percentage of weight, then you win. If you don't, you lose. If everyone loses their amount, then everyone splits the pot. I think it's perfect for people in your situation who need the extra motivation and accountability, but really don't stand a chance compared to those who have a lot more to lose.
  • TheBrock84
    TheBrock84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I AM, MY OWN COMPETITION!!!
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Nope! I'm not losing weight to entertain anyone. I'm losing weight for me!
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't because I think knowing I wouldn't win because I don't have a lot of weight left to lose just wouldn't motivate me much. I don't think I would try any harder than I do without it for that reason :smile: