MFP for pets

Options
Was just wondering if anyone tried to create a MFP profile for their dog or other pet. I know the calorie calculations wouldn't be the same since our bodies work differently, but I have a few pathetic friends with facebook profiles for their pets so I was wondering if any crazy person here is logging their pet's consumed calories and exercise. I suppose it would be good if you were training them for a race?

I did see Iams Dog food in the database.
Or do people eat that?

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I actually think this would be kind of sick... Honestly, if you need a tracker to help track your pets food, you have problems, considering they pretty much eat the same thing every day and either once or twice a day. :indifferent:

I am a pet lover but I think it would be ridiculous to make a MFP profile for your pet... Just saying.
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2011/06/flabby-lab-tips-scales-at-nearly-200-lbs/
    This dog might need to join!!!

"It’s obvious to get a case of such extreme obesity, Sampson has been fed excessive quantities of the wrong types of food over a very extended period of time.”

...sounds familiar
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I actually think this would be kind of sick... Honestly, if you need a tracker to help track your pets food, you have problems, considering they pretty much eat the same thing every day and either once or twice a day. :indifferent:

I am a pet lover but I think it would be ridiculous to make a MFP profile for your pet... Just saying.

Definitely this.
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What the hell! Why is dog food in the food database? :huh: :laugh:

Personally, I think people who make internet profiles for their pets need to get a damn grip!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Dont you think it would be a bit of fun ? My sons friend has fb for his dog its hilarious ands he has lots friends :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Jodi_O
    Jodi_O Posts: 32
    Options
    I dated a guy who ate Liversnap dog biscuits...and if anyone wants to know, they are 13 calories per biscuit!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Lol...my one cat could do with it! But you wont be seeing an OscarFatBoy profile pop up...I mean...how do you log slugs, cos that what Oscar eats to supplement his diet if we cut down his calories!
  • ruffledviolet
    Options
    I dated a guy who ate Liversnap dog biscuits...and if anyone wants to know, they are 13 calories per biscuit!
    rofl. How was his breath?
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I am going to assume this is not a serious thread.
  • StephanieBridge1281
    Options
    My dog eats his own poop if you cut his calories.....How would you log that?
  • kluver42
    kluver42 Posts: 24
    Options
    I used to work in the pet industry and there are people who log their pet's calories. It's usually not about some sick vanity people hold with their 'possessions' (meaning, they treat their animals like hand bags); but some animals really do need to diet and lose weight. For some reason, some people just dont realize that their pets get fat because of the OWNER's choices and decisions. Pets are just like children: they need your guidance to stay healthy.
  • ruffledviolet
    Options
    I am going to assume this is not a serious thread.

It was half serious?

Ahahahah I'm not sure, but I don't think you'd need to log it since it would be logged the first time. He probably wouldn't get much nutrition out of it the second time around.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options

Good question...its already been logged!

My cat got fat after he was neutered, he seemed depressed (sounds daft but no other explanation), wouldn't play anymore, literally used to walk to the middle of my lawn and sit their for 12 hours and nothing could get him playing or dashing around as he used to....he does seem to have his mojo back 2 years down the line and is now losing some pounds, dashing the length of the garden chasing thin air.
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Now I am wondering if my HRM would work on my dogs?! LOL I think it would drive my girl crazy and I would definitly have to shave my Akita for it to work! :laugh: