Protein shake at work/school

Options
dillmilk
dillmilk Posts: 88 Member
This might seem like a dumb question... Do you guys mix your protein with water or bring a shaker with milk? I'm just wondering if the milk would go bad...

Replies

• acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I mix with water if I'm just having a scoop of protein. Otherwise, I blend in advance and make sure to have the shake refrigerated at work until I drink it if made with milk.
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    you could always bring one of those already bottled protein shakes or keep bottle of milk in the fridge. But some of the protein mixes call for just water. Its purely your preference though. The extra milk adds calories, but also gives you more protein.
  • 2lhasas
    2lhasas Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use a shaker cup and water. You have to find one that meets your taste requirements with just water though. IMO some of them need the full smoothy treatment to make them palatable.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I drink mine at home because I blend it and the jar is breakable. If I have to drink on the go, I buy coconut milk.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I keep a couple of the single-serve shelf-stable cartons of milk or unsweetened almond milk in my desk for things like protein shakes (or iced coffee!).
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    You could also consider protein bars for when you are on the go.
  • daweasel
    daweasel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    you can also add milk powder (regular or skim) to the protein powder, just work out how much powder you'd use to make the amount of milk, then add water and you're set.