Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Light headed while working out

Hey pals I have a quick question about working out. Basically a few weeks ago I fainted due to fasting for long hours. Since then (no longer fasting) anytime I do any sort of workout e.g. Cardio or resistance, I feel light headed and dizzy.

For example before I would hardly ever do less than an hour of cardio, but now after 30 minutes I feel light headed. Also if I bend down and do a dumbell or barbell exercise I feel dizzy.

Is this normal? And does anyone know why it's happening? I'll be seeking medical advice in a couple of days, but just thought I'd see if anyone has experienced this, thanks! X (sorry for the long post)

Replies

• Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    edited July 2016
    What are you eating before you work out? I found I do better (no or at least a lot less dizziness) if I have a yogurt or eat some cheese before I head to the gym.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Are you eating enough?
  • PlantBasedRnr
    PlantBasedRnr Posts: 129 Member
    Low blood sugar ??? Maybe try eating something more substantial before working out ???
  • lawled22
    lawled22 Posts: 6 Member
    Could be low Blood Pressure, my DR told me to add a little more salt to my diet when I had that problem.
  • LoraMartyn
    LoraMartyn Posts: 41 Member
    I just had this problem and found out low blood pressure was the cause. But I am on High blood pressure med, doc cut my dose in half and I am starting to feel better.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    How many calories a day are you eating?
  • myfightforfitness
    myfightforfitness Posts: 136 Member
    Thanks Alot everyone for your response!
    Trish1c wrote: »
    What are you eating before you work out? I found I do better (no or at least a lot less dizziness) if I have a yogurt or eat some cheese before I head to the gym.
    Low blood sugar ??? Maybe try eating something more substantial before working out ???

I usually eat a fruit before my workout as I workout in the morning and hate eating early. This worked fine for me for the past 5 months but now for some reason I feel dizzy while working out :\

RodaRose wrote: »

I don't count calories but still have lost weight through eating at what I believe is a sensible amount.
  • KimiAR
    KimiAR Posts: 117 Member
    Eat an egg w some salt on it instead and see how you feel or have a Gatorade. That's how I feel when my blood pressure gets out of wack from low sodium. Shouldn't take much to make you feel better if that's what is causing the problem
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    As this is something new, you should discuss this with your doctor.
    It might also pay to log your calories for a few days then you will have a closer idea of the actual number as this may be helpful information for your doctor, rather than just "a sensible amount".
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    I get this a lot - feeling faint during workouts and if I bend over or get up too quickly. But I've always had low blood pressure, so I'm not surprised by it anymore. I tried a beta-blocker (reduces BP) once to treat migraines and I had to stop almost immediately because it made me faint. Do you know what your typical BP values are?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks Alot everyone for your response!
    Trish1c wrote: »

I usually eat a fruit before my workout as I workout in the morning and hate eating early. This worked fine for me for the past 5 months but now for some reason I feel dizzy while working out :\
    RodaRose wrote: »

I don't count calories but still have lost weight through eating at what I believe is a sensible amount.

How many pounds a week are you losing and how many pounds until you get to your goal weight?