Attempt number 1 million...

Options
I started a new diet that lasted a week. I had a great first week I lost 8lb but suddenly one cheat day and I'm back to eating junk food. I've probably put the 8lbs back on. The diet didn't make me feel very good my mood changed and I felt sick every night but losing the weight should of been a push I needed. It wasn't. I'm desperate to be me again and have the body I used to have but it feels like doing the impossible. Why when I'm so desperate to change can I not just push myself to do it. Why do I quit. Anyone else feel like that?

Replies

• _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think the best approach is to do something sustainable for your entire life. Live by the 80% - 20% rule..........strict 80% of the time and the other 20% when you need a break of when life happens. I know what it feels like to take your foot off of the gas pedal, you gotta find foods you enjoy eating but are also a good choice. It'll take time, I still struggle with it here and there. You can do it!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Start by logging everything while eating what you normally eat. Don't make changes to your intake for the first couple of weeks.

After you build up some log data, look back through to see where you might eat smaller portions or substitute some calorie-dense foods that you like with other foods that you also like.

If you stick as close as you can to your normal way of eating, you are less likely to feel deprived.

Baby steps will get you there in the end. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • Truckerwife92207
    Truckerwife92207 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I whole-heartedly agree with seska422. This is my 1 millionth start as well and baby steps is my new approach. If you want you can check my blog, I addressed this very issue. You are welcome to add me to your friends list. I would be honored to be in the cheering section while you run this race ;)
  • Crommer13
    Crommer13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice I really appreciate it all and I will definitely take it all on. How do I go about adding people on here because I would appreciate go to's for support and advice. Today hasn't been a bad day I do try to make healthier choices like Pepsi max, light/ fat free food choices. Baby steps. :smile: