For those of you who eat oatmeal...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Dried cranberries, blueberries or raspberries, honey, cinnamon and sliced almonds.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    yfz6jmhwlxo4.png

Not a lot of calories, and it's goooooooooooooooooooood.
  • TurboJenn
    TurboJenn Posts: 64 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Maple syrup, pumpkin seeds, grated or diced apples (while cooking), dried fruit like cranberries, frozen berries.
    you can add some flavorful liquids too sometimes I add a bit of apple juice while the oats cook.
  • mkoldyke
    mkoldyke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I chop a half of an apple and add cinnamon to quaker oats with water, microwave then add sugar free french vanilla creamer. Yum.
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I make mine by beating 1C milk,1 egg,1tsp vanilla together till well mixed. Then I stir in 1/3c quick cooking oats, add whatever fruit I feel like that day. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on top. Microwave for 3 minutes. Yummy.
    Protein,fruit.,dairy,carbs.
    Very filling. Very nutritious
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    try overnight proats

cup of oats
    1tbsp chia or flax seeds
    1 measure of whey
    tons of cinnamon

put oats in bowl
    add water so it covers oats
    microwave for 2-3 mins
    add seeds
    mix whey with 200ml of water and add to that mixture
    let it sit overnight
    boom in the morning u have huge bowl as oats expanded
    add bit more water to soften it up and microwave for 2 minutes
    enjoy life
  • cyberseller2004
    cyberseller2004 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to eat oatmeal made with regular oats (not instant). 1/2 c oatmeal + enough water to just start to show in the bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Let sit for a couple minutes. I purposely make it a little thick so I can add almond milk or coconut milk. Things I may add: teaspoon of agave for sweetness, cinnamon, sometimes nutmeg, fresh or frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, banana, mango) dried cranberries, raisins, diced Apple. Almost any sweet fruit will work (maybe not citrus).
  • ptipton520
    ptipton520 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I add 2 Tbsp of chopped pecans and one tsp of a faux Pampered Chef Cinnimon Plus receipe I made using Splenda. I do the Quick Oats (1/3 c) in the microwave and then add these toppings. Delicious and filling - comes out to about 130 calories.
  • LibraSunLibraMoon
    LibraSunLibraMoon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I mix 1/4 cup quinoa and 3/4 cups McMann Steel Cut Oatmeal with 4 cups water.
    I serve topped with cinnamon, ginger, cloves, cran-raisins, and a little organic milk. Takes me straight back to my childhood. Love it!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Stevia, chopped raisins or dried apricots, chopped walnuts or pecans, sometimes a little cinnamon. I only eat the steel-cut variety these days - better fiber, better taste.