Thoughts on Diet Coke, Lucozade Zero etc

Options

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Dr. Pepper Ten is the best low calorie pop I have ever tasted. It has ten calories and a trace amount of sugar. And it definitely does not taste like a diet soda. There is a RC Cola Ten, a Root Beer Ten, and a 7-Up Ten also, but they are not available in my area.

I second this. They are all hard to find in my area as well, but if I'm really wanting some, I'll go on the hunt. I think there may have been a Ginger Ale ten and a Sunkist ten at one point, too, but I'm definitely a Dr Pepper and RC ten fan.

I remember there being a really good Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper once upon a time, but I'll be damned if I can find it anymore.

I remember that! I'd forgotten about its existence until you mentioned it, though...now I'll be checking the stores for it, haha..

http://www.drpepper.com/en/products/dietcherryvanilladrpepper

It does still exist! Why am I not seeing this mana anywhere anymore? :(

You know, fast food restaurants around here are starting to get those soda fountains that have about 500 different options (okay, maybe I exaggerate just a little :tongue: )...like, the ones where you have a menu of choices on the screen and you press the buttons? I'll bet those have it as an option.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Dr. Pepper Ten is the best low calorie pop I have ever tasted. It has ten calories and a trace amount of sugar. And it definitely does not taste like a diet soda. There is a RC Cola Ten, a Root Beer Ten, and a 7-Up Ten also, but they are not available in my area.

I second this. They are all hard to find in my area as well, but if I'm really wanting some, I'll go on the hunt. I think there may have been a Ginger Ale ten and a Sunkist ten at one point, too, but I'm definitely a Dr Pepper and RC ten fan.

I remember there being a really good Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper once upon a time, but I'll be damned if I can find it anymore.

I remember that! I'd forgotten about its existence until you mentioned it, though...now I'll be checking the stores for it, haha..

http://www.drpepper.com/en/products/dietcherryvanilladrpepper

It does still exist! Why am I not seeing this mana anywhere anymore? :(

You know, fast food restaurants around here are starting to get those soda fountains that have about 500 different options (okay, maybe I exaggerate just a little :tongue: )...like, the ones where you have a menu of choices on the screen and you press the buttons? I'll bet those have it as an option.

I know which ones you're talking about. All of our local Wawas have them now. It's not the same though. It always tastes a bit off, and since I quit smoking, and grocery shop once every two weeks, I haven't stopped at a convenience store while working, in about four months.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I also just discovered Goslings Diet Ginger Beer. I've had one every night with dinner for weeks now. Highly recommend.
  • kelsey_frame_666
    kelsey_frame_666 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback :):)
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i like diet/zero cocke for digestion purposes after huge meal lol
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Coke zero and cherry coke zero are nectar from the gods ...soooo good.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I pretty much stick with water because its what quenches my thirst. However maybe once a week ill have a diet coke, 7up free or a Lucozade zero. Not because of the calories but because I genuinely think they taste better than the originals!
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I start my day with a Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper since I don't drink coffee.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Coke zero and cherry coke zero are nectar from the gods ...soooo good.

Have you tried the Vanilla Zero? It's fantastic, and has become my go to.
  • ianwilson67
    ianwilson67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    caffeine causes me water retention and palpitations, so it's a no-no for me.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i drink diet/zero calorie sodas all the time. im not familiar with the other drink you mentioned.
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have to have a diet soda with some meals. It's just a taste thing.
  • jtcedinburgh
    jtcedinburgh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Strange to see no mention of Pepsi Max (the UK one, not the US one - I believe they're a different formula). I live on the stuff! I have no concerns whatsoever about its impact on weight-loss etc., but I sometimes wonder whether it's bad for my fangs. Regardless, it's (IMHO) head and shoulders above any of the other diet colas I have tried.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love Coke Zero because it just tastes like Coke. I don't care for the taste of diet coke.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I had to stop drinking soda and other fizzy drinks because the carbonation just sits in my chest and hurts so bad. I don't really care for diet coke anyways, but I do crave a diet mountain dew every now and then. I just shake it up till it goes flat, then I can drink it without pain lol.
  • shandy4487
    shandy4487 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love diet soda! There are a bunch of Sonic restaurants where I live, and they have soooo many diet soda options. My favorite is Sprite Zero with vanilla and blue coconut :) but as far as just the regular ones go, I vote Diet Dr Pepper as the best lol
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of diet/low-cal sodas because I know that, otherwise, I would be drinking the 200cal cans of it. Gotta stick with what you can work with! The sugar isn't good for you, etc, but ehhhh.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Diet Mt. Dew. :) I need to try this diet vanilla Dr. Pepper everyone talks about. I like Dr. Pepper kinda, but the vanilla sounds like it might just be awesome.
  • Jgommie
    Jgommie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero (with or w/o vanilla), Dr Pepper Ten, Powerade Zero; I like them all. However, I am making sure I still get at least a gallon of water a day.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    They say that diet drinks make you crave sugar more, but since I'm in charge of what goes in my mouth, I will continue to have the occasional diet pepsi.