New New New

Options
dreadliftss
dreadliftss Posts: 26 Member
Being new to MFP, I'm looking for any tips, recommendations or suggestions on how to remain consistent with my tracking on MFP, exercising but mostly my eating... Do you find thing tracking everything on the app helps you remain consistent?

Becoming a full-time student in the fall and continuing to work part time, I've become overly concerned about time restraints, long hours in school/work and erratic hours. Are you a student? How have you found balancing school/irregular schedules and your fitness goals?

Replies

• reclaimmylife4mfp
    reclaimmylife4mfp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I work full-time, full time student, and a mom of 4. Tracking is helping. I over-ate way too much because I was never sure if I would have time to eat later. Tracking has helped me realize that. I have noticed many others mention things they needed to fix, but they didn't realize it until they started tracking.

I balance workouts in my busy life by scheduling them like an appointment or class. It is scheduled, I have to show up.
  • ale527
    ale527 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like to set the reminder notifications to let me know I haven't entered my meals/exercise in yet. Everyone is different so find a routine that works for you. Personally, I'm competitive so finding others to keep me accountable and joining fitness classes helps keep goals in line. Good luck on your journey!
  • dreadliftss
    Options
    Hi, I work full-time, full time student, and a mom of 4. Tracking is helping. I over-ate way too much because I was never sure if I would have time to eat later. Tracking has helped me realize that. I have noticed many others mention things they needed to fix, but they didn't realize it until they started tracking.

I balance workouts in my busy life by scheduling them like an appointment or class. It is scheduled, I have to show up.

That's a super good idea! I think I might start using that for my workouts, scheduling them in my daily planner and such. It's always been conflicting; I work shift work/on-call so some days I have a great workout/day planned with my meals and the next second I'm getting calling into work last minute! I'm going to try and stick to my guns though and as you said, if it's scheduled then it's a must and I'll squeeze it in before or after :)
  • dreadliftss
    Options
    ale527 wrote: »
    I like to set the reminder notifications to let me know I haven't entered my meals/exercise in yet. Everyone is different so find a routine that works for you. Personally, I'm competitive so finding others to keep me accountable and joining fitness classes helps keep goals in line. Good luck on your journey!

I can totally related to the competitive aspect! I've finally gotten comfortable to go with my partner but I feel like I'm not always pushing myself to my limits because it's still so new!
  • ale527
    ale527 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I can totally related to the competitive aspect! I've finally gotten comfortable to go with my partner but I feel like I'm not always pushing myself to my limits because it's still so new!

When I started out I was so embarrassed to make a fool of myself at the gym... but I quickly learned the trainer's will help and so will others if you have questions. I did some at home DVDs until I felt a bit more comfortable and then decided to take the plunge into a couple classes I wanted to try. It's easier to feel comfortable in your own place, if you have the room. Sometimes all it takes is a good playlist for to push your limits at the gym :)