~*~*~*~*~Star's Super Awesome Accountability Thread (85 lbs to lose) ~*~*~*~*~

Hi! I'm Star! I'm recent college graduate, a teacher, and someone who has been obese for the majority of my adult life. My biggest struggle is with binge eating. I can easily down 3-4000 calories in a single sitting if I'm in the right mindset for it.

I mainly want to lose weight for my health, but I also dream of the day when I can fit back into a size 7! Anyone else with a significant amount of weight to lose is more than welcome to join!
Stats
Height: 5' 8"
Starting Weight: 250
Current Weight: 242.4
Goal: 164 (No longer overweight)
Weight Loss Mini Goals! I love video games, so I'm using those as my rewards.
GW 1: 230 ~Ara Fell~
GW 2: 220 ~I Am Setsuna~
GW 3: 210 ~Dragon Quest: Builders~
GW 4: 199 (Wonderland!) ~The Last Guardian~
GW 5: 190 (No longer obese) ~Divinity 2~gw 6: 180 ~Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization~
GW 7: 164 (No longer overweight! Goal!) ~Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV!~
The Plan
I have been a vegan for the last year, but not a very healthy one. I used to eat a lot of processed and packaged vegan 'junk' food. My goal is to try and eat more complex carbs and fresh fruits and veggies, while limiting packaged vegan crap like Oreos.

I'm limiting my calorie intake to ~1300-1500 a day and trying to exercise a minimum of 30 minutes a day.

So, let's keep each other motivated! I'll try and post here as often as I can! Feel free to add me as a friend :)

Replies

• Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    I like the idea of a reward system! I think maybe I will try that too. I'll add you!
  • woesandwishes
    woesandwishes Posts: 1 Member
    My stats, goals and vegan history are very similar to yours! Love the idea of an accountability thread x
  • Starlightstiel
    Starlightstiel Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the replies you guys! I know we can do this. :)
    Day One
    Met Calorie Goal: Yes
    Minutes Exercised: 51

Thoughts: Today was pretty hard for me. I think my body is so used to eating such a huge quantity of food, even when I eat a totally normal and healthy amount, it still craves more. I ate most of my calories at dinner, because night is when I'm most prone to binge eat. I've found that eating a small amount during the day and eating a 600-700 calorie dinner really keeps me full through the night and until breakfast the next day.
  • kfauziyy
    kfauziyy Posts: 1 Member
    Nice. Please add me too. I have about 50 pounds to lose. I try to eat healthy but like you binge eating kills me. And like you i am prone to night eating. Will try eating majority of my calories at night. What i snack on is chocolate chip muffins but i have stocked up on nuts. I cant exercise daily but my trainer and i exercise 3 times a week and i go walking on saturdays. Please add me and lets motivate each other. I am a couch potato. Love being indoors. Need someone to drag me out please
  • mfritzzz
    mfritzzz Posts: 6 Member
    Hi! This thread sounds great. My husband and I are just starting a vegan diet for both environmental and health reasons. I've been a long time pescatarian and he's mostly adapted to that lifestyle, too. Day 2 and we are both doing great :smile:

I've got 40 pounds to lose. Right now at my all-time highest weight -- I can't quite bring myself to get on the scale so I'm not sure what my SW is, but I know I've gained since my last weigh-in as we've spent the last month on vacation!

Looking forward to this accountability post!
  • Starlightstiel
    Okay! I haven't been on in two days, but I have some updates. I've been staying with a friend for the weekend, so I haven't been as careful about my intake as I probably could be. I'm happy to say that I haven't binged though, even if I've eaten above my daily goal. I've stayed right around my TDEE, so as long as I didn't gain any weight I'll be happy. I'm coming home tomorrow morning too, and I plan on getting right back on track with my exercise and 1300-1500 calorie eating plan.

I'm still 8lbs down since the end of June, so I'm looking forward to losing more in the coming weeks!
  • Starlightstiel
    edited July 2016
    Just a quick update! I'm down to 241, the lowest I've been this year! I'm also almost in the 230's, which is huge for me. My first official mini goal is at 230 lbs, so it's encouraging that I only have about 11 more pounds to go until I reach it!

I'm also aiming for 10,000 steps on my fitbit and at least 30 minutes of physical activity a minimum of 5 days a week. I met my goal last week, and I'm on track to meet it this week, too!

Total pounds lost so far - 9