What's cookin' for dinner?

Options
I love to hear what everyone else is eating, gives me great ideas! Ah-huh, moments...like I "coulda had a V-8" but only with all your dinners.:wink:

Replies

• DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love to hear what everyone else is eating, gives me great ideas! Ah-huh, moments...like I "coulda had a V-8" but only with all your dinners.:wink:
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I put frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot with a packet of taco seasoning and chicken broth. I'll take 2 forks to shred them and put the chicken in ww tortillas with romaine, tomatoes, and reduced-fat cheese. Taco Tuesday!!
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made low-cal pinapple chicken with FRESH pinapple. Oh my, that was yummy! Lots of red and yellow peppers, celery, green onion, lean chicken breast, and a little cornstarch. I indulged and had white rice with it, but even so, it came out pretty good for calories.
  • Lyndo
    Lyndo Posts: 95
    Options
    I made some Boneless skinless chicken, with broccoli & spinach...
    With a huge Spring mix salad with pickles...
    Funny Dinner but We all ate great!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Cookn
    Cookn Posts: 21
    Options
    Roasted Honeysuckle White Turkey Breast Tenderloins Tomato Basil flavored along with fresh frozen peas with a few diced scallions and some garlic and sliced roma tomatoes with grated parmesan and Florida spiced pepper sprinkled over them.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Marinated chicken breast in balsamic vinegarette with yellow and red bell peppers. when it was almost done, threw in broc and pea pods.

cooked in the stir fry pan....yummo!

Oh yea and brown rice!

:drinker:
  • MattySparky
    Options
    Check this out... for the spicy food lovers (spicy foods like Jalapeno peppers are also a great way to keep that metabolizm up up up!!!)

40 medium shrimp (raw & deveined) steamed just until pink then set aside.

2 tbsp of pure Canadian Maple syrup
    2 tbsp of Barbados Hot sauce (Nupak brand...mmmm yellow goodness)
    3 green onions chopped
    2 jalapeno peppers chopped add seeds as well
    2 cups green giant Valley selections frozen veggies "Japanese Mix" (use fresh if ya want, I dont have tonnes of time around dinner so I usually keep things like this around for dinner meals)
    **simmer these ingredients together in a wok for about 10 mintues (dont make the veggies mushy or it's gross)

2 cups minute rice brown rice.

once the rice is done toss the shrimp in the veggies and put it on a bed of rice (about 2/3 cup or so)

so good so satisfying so healthy. You can sub the shrimp out for other meat or just leave the meat out entirely. Ill get back to you with all the nutritional info in a minute.
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    Ummm . . . last night I had grilled cod, brown rice, and sauteed/steamed zucchini and yellow squash. (thinly sliced and with lots of seasonings!) Yum!

You know what's funny - I hated this kind of stuff as a kid. I would eat the normal peas and corn kinda thing but when it came to zucchini and squash and stuff - I hated it! But now that I prepare it myself, I really, really like it. (maybe my mom didn't do it the way I liked it or something?!)

I could sit down and eat a whole plate of steamed veggies now - they gotta be soft and seasoned well, though. (garlic or lemon-pepper and some salt!) :wink:
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Ummm . . . last night I had grilled cod, brown rice, and sauteed/steamed zucchini and yellow squash. (thinly sliced and with lots of seasonings!) Yum!

You know what's funny - I hated this kind of stuff as a kid. I would eat the normal peas and corn kinda thing but when it came to zucchini and squash and stuff - I hated it! But now that I prepare it myself, I really, really like it. (maybe my mom didn't do it the way I liked it or something?!)

I could sit down and eat a whole plate of steamed veggies now - they gotta be soft and seasoned well, though. (garlic or lemon-pepper and some salt!) :wink:
    I realized a while ago why I never liked veggies as a kid, my mom almost always used canned. I hated asparagus and spinach, even green beans and peas...think about it? How gross are all those canned?:noway: Now I love them, and have taught my mom to use fresh, also!
  • MattySparky
    Options
    Check this out... for the spicy food lovers (spicy foods like Jalapeno peppers are also a great way to keep that metabolizm up up up!!!)

40 medium shrimp (raw & deveined) steamed just until pink then set aside.

2 tbsp of pure Canadian Maple syrup
    2 tbsp of Barbados Hot sauce (Nupak brand...mmmm yellow goodness)
    3 green onions chopped
    2 jalapeno peppers chopped add seeds as well
    2 cups green giant Valley selections frozen veggies "Japanese Mix" (use fresh if ya want, I dont have tonnes of time around dinner so I usually keep things like this around for dinner meals)
    **simmer these ingredients together in a wok for about 10 mintues (dont make the veggies mushy or it's gross)

2 cups minute rice brown rice.

once the rice is done toss the shrimp in the veggies and put it on a bed of rice (about 2/3 cup or so)

so good so satisfying so healthy. You can sub the shrimp out for other meat or just leave the meat out entirely. Ill get back to you with all the nutritional info in a minute.

Ok grand totals for anyone interested in the above meal, keeping in mind that for one serving I used 13 shrimp, 1 cup of the cooked veg and 2/3 cup of the brown rice:

346 calories, 61g carbs, 4g fat and 21g protein.... Im super full!!!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    leftover home made chili mixed into some smart choice pasta for a nice chili-mac - and salad on the side.
    :smile:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was a little bad, but not too much. I put my rice in a rice cooker with a roma tomato, and onion, then boiled chicken with garlic and onlion. Then I shredded it all up. It was my spanish rice and chicken, that i just mixed together in a bowl with no tortilla. I had a small portion, but it was very filling. I have school tonight, so I am just having a smart one :frown:
  • HealthyKt78
    Options

That's the total opposite of me. I have always loved zucchini and squash and despised peas and corn. I also hate green beans. I like weird vegetables. Eggplant, asparagus and spinach are favorites of mine.
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Subway here...6 inch turkey on whole wheat w/ tomatoes, onion, green peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, and mustard. Added in a clementine and 1/2 serving of mini pretzels.
  • Dustdevil
    Options
    I "browned" chicken breast with pam. added a sweet onion chopped, a few sliced mushrooms, baby carrots, garlic and italian spices. When this was cooked, I added a can of Healthy Request Cream of Chicken soup and water, as it started to bubble, I added frozen peas and corn (just a small amount for color mostly). Served it over a small amount (about an oz) of whole wheat linguine.

Good stuff! It served 6 of us with a little left over for my wife's lunch tomorrow.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a repeat of yesterday's lunch: poached cod, baby greens with blue cheese & pine nuts, brussels sprouts. Then I have ~350 cals left, will have to figure something out. :happy: :tongue:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I made delicious enchiladas. I used whole grain tortillas and low-fat ingredients. I can share the recipe, but don't have the calorie count figured out! They were yummy!

Jess
  • SASSYSMOM
    Options
    Marinated chicken in fat free cesar dressing and cooked it on the grill
    small baked potato with spray butter
    and green beans
    yum yum
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I'm staying late at work for the next few weeks, which means morning star chik patties on weight watchers bread :)

Hooray for simplicity!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    This recipe is really good, tastes like you're cheating on yummy comfort food. But I use fat free cream of mushroom soup and light sour cream.

STOVE TOP One-Dish Chicken Bake

Prep Time:
    10 min

Total Time:
    40 min

Makes:
    6 servings

What You Need!
    1-2/3 cups hot water
    1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
    1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
    1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1/3 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
    Make It!

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Add hot water to stuffing mix; stir just until moistened. Set aside.

PLACE chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish or 2-qt. casserole dish. Mix soup and sour cream until well blended; pour over chicken. Top with stuffing.

BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through.

Serving Suggestion
    Serve with a steamed, green vegetable such as broccoli and a glass of fat-free milk.

Special Extra
    Prepare as directed, topping chicken with 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables before covering with soup mixture.

Nutrition Infomation
    Calories
    Total fat
    12 g
    Saturated fat
    4 g
    Cholesterol
    80 mg
    Sodium
    880 mg
    Carbohydrate
    24 g