July 4th Inspirational Before and After's!

Options
124»

Replies

• mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My photos have been on b4 but thought i'd repost too, In the photos i've lost 44lbs i've now lost 50 but i've still got a long way to go - well done everyone u all look fantastic. Mandy
    IMG_1341-1-1-1.jpg
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I don't have before and afters yet, but I'm about 10-12 lb lighter this july4th than last year.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow and WOW! You all look amazing. This so inspirational. Sadly, I think my July 4 last year was thinner than this year, so I will not be posting any photos! hahaha. I'm just getting started on this (again) after having a few rough months and giving up on myself. Try, try again. Thank you for sharing your results. The hard work is SO worth it.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    MelMoly: You look amazing!!! How much weight did you lose during the 30 Day Shred?
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    MelMoly: You look amazing!!! How much weight did you lose during the 30 Day Shred?

I lost 15 lbs doing the 30 day shred and 23 lbs since the end of P90 :) and I have no idea how much Since last year...but I was a size 18 in September/October when I started working out after my Star. and now I'm in a size 12 dress and 14 pant (I have a big nice booty he he he)...still have a long way to go but I'm loving life right now :)
  • wjassell
    wjassell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    59lbs Difference

265-206

59lbs%252520comparison.jpg
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    wjassell - WOW! What an awesome transformation! Did you do the whole protein shake thing? I always wonder how guys get their muscles so big, are you just lifting weights or are you changing your diet? I don't want big muscles, just curious!
  • wjassell
    wjassell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    wjassell - WOW! What an awesome transformation! Did you do the whole protein shake thing? I always wonder how guys get their muscles so big, are you just lifting weights or are you changing your diet? I don't want big muscles, just curious!

Change in diet mostly. I actually had more muscle when I was 265. I was lifting weights then as well but had a horrible diet. Lost the first 35 lbs running and lifting on my own then started doing P90X a little over two years ago. Still not to my goal which is a 6 pack but slowly getting closer.
  • IMDABOMBthe0wife0DABEAST
    Options
    bump will post a pic after weekend.
  • EstrellaRios
    Options
    you guys both look great I just started this and I really hope i can look so nice later. started date teh second wk in june 2011
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    ok no one else? here I go...this is really embarrassing... before is at our family reunion the second weekend in July 2010, and technically the after is from June 30th

ok this is it....
    whatcanyoudoinayear.jpg

In your skinny pictures you both look like you could be your own kids! Amazing how losing weight takes years off of you, isn't it? I think it is reflective of the years added to your life! Keep up the tremendous work!! = D
  • susanswan
    Options
    My photos have been on b4 but thought i'd repost too, In the photos i've lost 44lbs i've now lost 50 but i've still got a long way to go - well done everyone u all look fantastic. Mandy
    IMG_1341-1-1-1.jpg

Amazing, isn't it? Congratulations for your hard work! Keep going and you'll get there! Can't wait to see next year's pix!!
  • susanswan
    Options
    In October 2004 I had Gastric Bypass surgery (Weight Loss Surgery) October 2004. WLS was the best gift to myself from my wonderful surgeon Dr. Cahill and his wonderful staff. They are still supporting me on my journey.

In the last 3 years I have gained back 80 of almost 300 pounds lost initially after weight loss surgery. I never reached my goal weight of 200 pounds. I still managed to keep off over 65 percent of the weight I lost which is very good and I am very proud of my accomplishments since 2004. It has literally changed my life for the better on all levels. I am here to lose re-gained weight and to reach my initial goal weight. I am in no hurry. I am taking this one day at a time and I am in it for the long haul.

Surgery did not fix the head. It is a good tool and the best gift I have given to myself, but it was not the easy way out as many people think. Once the honeymoon period is over after the WLS it is up to the patient to keep the weight off.

My highest weight was 611 in 2003. Weight in 2004 before surgery was 580. Lowest weight after surgery was 302 in 2007.

My goal for 2010 was to get back on track and I did that. 2010 is the 1st year in 3 years that I did not gain weight.

In 2011 my main goal is to get under 300 pounds. Starting weight with MFP is 388 - March 27,

Below I weighed over 600 pounds
    YOGII-DC2004.jpg

I was about 310 or less in below picture in Feb 2007 and today I weigh 345, so I am trying to get back to 310 and even lower, one day at a time.
    YOGIIAFTERFEB2007.jpg

I still have a ways to go but I will get there one day at a time :) I love reminding myself that I have come a long ways even though I have a ways to go still.

I have 6 and half more months reach my 2011 goal of getting under 300 pounds!

"I May Not Be Where I Want To Be, but Im Not Where I Use To Be!"

MY BLOG link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Mollie1037/view/so-i-never-forget-how-far-i-have-come-already-and-my-journey-is-not-over-114918

I'm so glad you posted here. As a nurse I have the feeling that MANY people think that stomach surgery is THE ANSWER. As you put it so well,it is only a tool.

My highest weight ever was 205 and I honestly didn't know how high I wouild go. Magical thinking and wishing doesn't work. At the end of the day each of us must take responsibility for our eating and exercise actions. There is simply no other way around it. As you said, it is all in our heads.

Finally at 54 I have realized that although I have made this a lifestyle change a few years back I have also come to realilze (through not reaching my own original goal and not keeping track) that the weight we lose will not stay lost unless we are vigilant for the rest of our lives. Even letting it go for a weekend or a week means the pounds will come back on before we realize what happened. It is a life long battle we will wage if we want to keep our success and there is no finish line.

Thank you for your post. Keep up the good work, you will make it this time!
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow! All these pictures are so amazing! What a huge difference you all have made! Thank you for sharing. :)
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Everyone looks great!

This is my first time posting pics, i'm not at goal but I think I look a lot different than I did last July! I think i'm around 11lbs lighter than I was then. I wore the same dress for comparison :) Probably another 10-12lbs to go...

July 2010 - that picture is enough to make me quit smoking! Ewww..and this is the worst photo of me i've ever seen
    gross.jpg

Today (ignore the terrible hair)
    july11.jpg

...and from the side
    july11side.jpg
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    HUGE difference lauz45 =D.
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    HUGE difference lauz45 =D.

Thank you so much! :D
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    In October 2004 I had Gastric Bypass surgery (Weight Loss Surgery) October 2004. WLS was the best gift to myself from my wonderful surgeon Dr. Cahill and his wonderful staff. They are still supporting me on my journey.

In the last 3 years I have gained back 80 of almost 300 pounds lost initially after weight loss surgery. I never reached my goal weight of 200 pounds. I still managed to keep off over 65 percent of the weight I lost which is very good and I am very proud of my accomplishments since 2004. It has literally changed my life for the better on all levels. I am here to lose re-gained weight and to reach my initial goal weight. I am in no hurry. I am taking this one day at a time and I am in it for the long haul.

Surgery did not fix the head. It is a good tool and the best gift I have given to myself, but it was not the easy way out as many people think. Once the honeymoon period is over after the WLS it is up to the patient to keep the weight off.

My highest weight was 611 in 2003. Weight in 2004 before surgery was 580. Lowest weight after surgery was 302 in 2007.

My goal for 2010 was to get back on track and I did that. 2010 is the 1st year in 3 years that I did not gain weight.

In 2011 my main goal is to get under 300 pounds. Starting weight with MFP is 388 - March 27,

Below I weighed over 600 pounds
    YOGII-DC2004.jpg

I was about 310 or less in below picture in Feb 2007 and today I weigh 345, so I am trying to get back to 310 and even lower, one day at a time.
    YOGIIAFTERFEB2007.jpg

I still have a ways to go but I will get there one day at a time :) I love reminding myself that I have come a long ways even though I have a ways to go still.

I have 6 and half more months reach my 2011 goal of getting under 300 pounds!

"I May Not Be Where I Want To Be, but Im Not Where I Use To Be!"

MY BLOG link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Mollie1037/view/so-i-never-forget-how-far-i-have-come-already-and-my-journey-is-not-over-114918

WOMAN YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!! That is so incredible!! Great job!!!! Keep it up you can do it!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!