This is me now at 24st 1lb I hate myself

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    samchez0 wrote: »
    7 lbs is a great start but hating yourself does not do you any good. Your body does not define you. Good luck.

Congrats on the weight lost :) I'm working on being kind to myself as well. I can do it toward others but to myself it's a struggle sometimes. You're worth it, perhaps some positive affirmations written down and taped to a door or mirror, someplace you frequent often?

A great place for quick and sure inspiration is the Success section... loads of wonderful things going on there! ;)

Edit: Good job getting your 'before' pic taken!
  • lifeandleaves
    lifeandleaves Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Start by saying "yes I can" and "I am worthy of love and affection" instead of negative self talk. You are no different at 24 stone than you would be at 12 stone - your body just looks and feels different!

Best of luck finding the pathway that works for you!
  • WillpowerBurton
    WillpowerBurton Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    "You Compassion Is Incomplete If It Does Not Include Yourself"
    Props to your for putting yourself out there and having the bravery to be vulnerable!
    Watch Brene Brown's The Power Of Vulnerability and Listening To Shame TED Talks.

Thank me later :)
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Oh yay! 11 pounds in 3 weeks is great!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    This is a photo of me at 24st 1lb, I'm not looking for sympathy or pity as I know I got myself into this mess but I really hate myself and the way I look, but hopefully this photo will motivate me to lose more weight as i've lost 7lb in 2 weeks. 8b4ri9kp1yet.jpg

Hey :) first of all please don't hate yourself! You're doing an excellent job getting started. Do this because you LOVE yourself and want to appreciate your body and treat it right. You are strong and capable of getting to where you want to be, positive self image goes a really long way with helping with weight loss :) believe that you are worth it because you are.

Feel free to add me if you need some help/advice/support! Best of luck with your journey x
  • jrobertson290365
    jrobertson290365 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Painterm81, I don't drink or smoke but ate a lot more than I should as I suffer from depression, and I'm hoping doing the walking exercise will also help with that as well as my other health issues, 23 stone 11 pounds is the equivalent of 323.54 pounds
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think self loathing is the start of this journey for many of us. Just take one day at a time and don't think you've fallen off the wagon and give up altogether just because you went over calories on a single day.. Good luck to you, head down and just crack on!!
  • Pheboh
    Pheboh Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, I've been there! Taken a picture that you loathe and think you're NOTHING. Clearly, a lot of people can relate. It's important to stay positive....SO much easier said than done. Feel free to add me - together, we'll fake it, then we'll make it! :smiley: Anyone else can add me too!
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone and you're doing really well.
  • rosiemiddleton94
    rosiemiddleton94 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    add me, im 19st 8, at the age of 21 :neutral: have health issues so hard for me too lose weight but i am still determined too get where i want too be :smile:
  • cbradley903
    cbradley903 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have been reading so many differ threads looking for something not sure what or why.... But when I seen this I feel I must say don't give up you will get through this. With the pain your having and the stress your going through I would strongly encourage you to turn to water. Yes drinking it. But finding a pool and going there to just walk back and forth at first. And if you can swim great if not walk stretch and move in the water. Yes I teach classes in the pool. But I also did this and still do with an up and down hill battle. Lost 70 lbs gained about 12 of it back. And working on keeping it off is a daily fight for my life. I like you started with a health issue and my liver was acting up. Some days it is so hard... But I want you to know that if it takes wearing a t shirt and gym shorts with undergarments try the water it is so supportive. I was teaching class at my biggest smallest and my struggle time too. I just can't give up on it.... Please don't give up on you....
  • ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're feeling bad about yourself. It's okay to feel bad about HOW you are, but not WHO you are. Be kind to yourself, but not with food, be kind to yourself by making changes - good choices, moderation and exercise. Seek support when you need it (like you've done here.) Keep positive people close, and ignore anyone who brings you down.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    First of all congratulations on making changes and shedding a significant amount of weight already.

Moderating your food intake will help you reduce your weight regardless of exercise.

I didn't start as high as you (I stopped weighing myself at 280/pant size 48, but stopped short of buying my first size 50); but, I can absolutely promise you that it was a heck of lot more difficult to move around at a higher weight than it is now!

To protect your knee joints till you're lighter, try to walk in a pool.

You can then start working on longer and longer walks as you get lighter.

ETA: as you start losing weight and feeling more and more energetic and/or start wondering how to optimize things, read the first posts in each forum section and the threads they reference. They contain a lot of useful info!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest

etc
  • MarkaStone
    MarkaStone Posts: 55 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    4 Months ago I was basically in the same place as you. I weighed 22 Stone and had bad back pain from a burst disc (that happened a decade before). I had come to hate the way I looked & Felt.
    That was what my motivation to start here & lose the weight was.

I didn't start with exercise I just reduced my food intake and moved around a bit more. Increased how much I walked, yes that was difficult at the beginning but I just did small walks even just around the house) My back still hurts and at times the painkillers are pretty essential. Maybe they won't be needed if I lose more weight (at least that's my hope).

I log every meal and every single thing that I eat or drink. It's hard work and I've fallen off the wagon once or twice. But the trick is not to let any setbacks get you down. Everyone gets to a stage where they feel it's not working or they can't do it. You just need to understand that it's a phase where your brain is saying "damn this is hard lets give up" and not get upset by it.

You've already started on your journey by reducing your meal sizes & not eating crisps & snacks everyday. Thats a HUGE step in the right direction.

Take it slowly there isn't a fast fix, look at it in the long term.
    If you want to add me then you're more than welcome to.
  • jrobertson290365
    jrobertson290365 Posts: 81 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support, I think I'm going to have to take a break from walking for a day or 2 as after pushing myself all week I may have over done it as after yesterdays walk I had to triple up on my pain medication which I know is stupid but when your in that much pain what do you do?

I'm really feeling it today I can tell you but I know I can't take my pain pills because of taking too many yesterday so I'm going to have to just suffer the pain, but my fear is that like last week I took a few days off and found it harder to get back into walking that little bit I do I know it's less than a mile and I push and push to well over my limit but I'm not the person to just sit back anymore, I feel I need to get out and do my walks.

What exercises can I do in the house when I'm in this much pain, we have limited space so can't get an exercise bike but I have seen those pedal type contraption things where you can sit on your sofa and pedal but not sure their any good as your not actually cycling.

Once again thank you all for your kind support
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Me again.. How about just trying to do some simple stretching exercises?? I've been doing 30 day shred by Jillian Micheals, but as I'm 18st it was killing my knees, so I'm just doing the strength exercises rather than the cardio until I lose another 7lb then I will try again but just gently. Absolutely no point in hurting yourself as the pain will drag you down and in my case a glum moods makes me head for the kitchen. Just don't give up trying.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

What exercises can I do in the house when I'm in this much pain, we have limited space so can't get an exercise bike but I have seen those pedal type contraption things where you can sit on your sofa and pedal but not sure their any good as your not actually cycling.

I have a Desk Cycle and use it a lot while sitting on the sofa. The tension is adjustable and it definitely gives my legs a workout when I keep it under tension. Calories burned are not as high as riding a real bike, but I like to have this small piece of exercise equipment right in my family room where I am most prone to being sedentary. I can easily move it out of the room or under the side table if I don't want it visible.

Yoga is another great option for developing strength and flexibility. Look for some beginner videos on Youtube.

Any exercise video that combines stretching and bodyweight training will be great for you. I started with something I found on PBS called "Classical Stretch." I loved the gentle flow of movements and I started feeling so good I looked forward to it. It was the perfect level of challenge for me when I was getting out of my sedentary funk. As for back pain, I believe that my new ability to do planks has helped tremendously.

• ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    This covers a lot of seated exercises. They do require some equipment, but much of it you can improvise (use tins or bottles for weights, elastic/tights for resistance bands, a football for a medicine ball) it might be enough to get you started
    https://www.verywell.com/seated-total-body-for-overweight-and-obese-exercisers-1231355