Just started maintenance and gained straight away

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Kdp2015 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm 2lbs up over the w/end which I'm fairly sure is water weight as I've eaten a lot more than normal (without 'going') and I've been to the gym both days so I'm a bit sore. On maintenance at what point do you act in gains, normally my water weight goes after a few days but if it doesn't do I need to look at fewer calories? How long has it taken you all to get the balance right?

glycogen replenishment as well as increased waste in your system. I stopped cutting at 178...my average weight after going to maintenance is 182...it's no biggie because I don't care about the actual number and I know that the weight isn't fat. Don't scale obsess.
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    So first week of maintenance now over, I've managed ave 1925 a day and I'm 0.4 down on my lowest weight from the end of last week. Weight has been quite up and down over this week so I will wait and see what happens next week and maybe the one after before I change my calories :)
  • Kdp2015
    Options
    Thanks I haven't tried trend weight but will give it a look :)
  • Kdp2015
    Options
    Can't seem to find trend weight (am in uk) anyone know of another I can sync to mfp or fitbit (don't really to manually put in history)?
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Thanks I haven't tried trend weight but will give it a look :)

Trend weight requires a Fitbit account (you can create one for free even if you don't have a Fitbit), or you can use a phone app like Libra or Happy Scale to show you the same info.

This is what my graph looks like for the last 6 months. The shaded green area is a range around the goal weight I gave trendweight. The big number to the right of the graph is my weight according to the trend. Red line is trend line and the gray is individual weights.

18ku2srouach.png

~Lyssa
  • macgurlnet
    Options
    Can't seem to find trend weight (am in uk) anyone know of another I can sync to mfp or fitbit (don't really to manually put in history)?

It's a website - https://trendweight.com/dashboard/

There isn't an app for it that I'm aware of, but the site should work fine.

~Lyssa
  • Kdp2015
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • jswigart
    jswigart Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 2lbs up over the w/end which I'm fairly sure is water weight as I've eaten a lot more than normal (without 'going') and I've been to the gym both days so I'm a bit sore. On maintenance at what point do you act in gains, normally my water weight goes after a few days but if it doesn't do I need to look at fewer calories? How long has it taken you all to get the balance right?

First of all congratulations on reaching the maintenance stage.
    Maintenance is actually more tricky than loosing. At least it has been for me. It will take you a while to find that balance. I have gone up and down as much as 10 pounds either way trying to find that balance. You will never be completely balanced. Just weigh yourself once a week and adjust accordingly. Great work!
  • Kdp2015
    Options
    Thank you, I've lost another pound this week - I can't believe I need another 500 cals a day so will try and add 100 or 200 a week and cope with the extra loss. I'm still 14lbs from being underweight so that shouldn't be an unhealthy loss. Just not sure I can manage nearly 2,500 cals a day!
  • macgurlnet
    Options
    Thank you, I've lost another pound this week - I can't believe I need another 500 cals a day so will try and add 100 or 200 a week and cope with the extra loss. I'm still 14lbs from being underweight so that shouldn't be an unhealthy loss. Just not sure I can manage nearly 2,500 cals a day!

Add some (more) fat into your diet - that ups the cals easily. Cook with oil, and oil to salad, eat more nuts/nut butters, full fat dairy, etc.

~Lyssa
  • Kdp2015
    Options
    Thanks I've been trying to add fat to veg but hadn't really considered full fat dairy, I drink a lot of milk so might give that a go :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I struggled with re-gaining 3-5 lbs when I went to maintenance. I was trying to gradually increase calories to find my sweet spot for maintenance. Not sure if I've found it yet. ;) I think I might need to be one of those people who overshoots their goal to allow for the small normal regain when you shift to maintenance. My goal range was 129-133 (I'm 5'7") but since shifting to maintenance I've mostly been in the 133-136 range with a couple bounces up to 137-138. I don't care as much about the number on the scale but that small amount does affect how my clothes fit so I want to keep it lower.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    And yes, I agree trying to get the right balance can be trickier than losing weight! I've been working on it since March.
  • Kdp2015
    edited July 2016
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I struggled with re-gaining 3-5 lbs when I went to maintenance. I was trying to gradually increase calories to find my sweet spot for maintenance. Not sure if I've found it yet. ;) I think I might need to be one of those people who overshoots their goal to allow for the small normal regain when you shift to maintenance. My goal range was 129-133 (I'm 5'7") but since shifting to maintenance I've mostly been in the 133-136 range with a couple bounces up to 137-138. I don't care as much about the number on the scale but that small amount does affect how my clothes fit so I want to keep it lower.
    My goal was about 146, now I've stopped worrying about losing weight I'm down to 143 :/
    Eta I'm not worried about that either really, I'm becoming quite happy with how I am now :)
  • sunshira
    sunshira Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    At first I still los t weight on maintenance and then my body seemed to find a weight that it likes. I go up and down 2-3 lb which I think is a normal fluctuation. You will find your balance. Keep tracking your food and activity for at least 6 months to make sure you don't go back to old habits
  • Kdp2015
    Options
    I will thank you