Logging when sick

Options
BAFCH
BAFCH Posts: 23 Member
Hey all,

So I've come down with the flu, I skipped dinner yesterday as I had no appetite.
I've just made breakfast but I can't even put the spoon in my mouth, bad throat, sore glands, blocked sinuses - and to top it off, toothache. Woohooo.

Does anyone have any advice on what I could do. I won't come near my calorie goals because I know when I get sick I don't eat at all.
I've pre logged my food already, so do I force myself to eat a bit or do I just leave it and just log whatever I eat when I'm feeling like I want something?

Any advice would be great!

Replies

• LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too. I have days where food is dead to me and I don't quite know what to do about it.
  • ntbck8
    ntbck8 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I log just what I eat. As of lately, due to issues with my blood pressure and a minor scare about a week and a half ago, I've been coming in under 1000 calories pretty much ever day. The doc gave me strict orders of a very bland diet under 1200 calories with the hope of the weight loss helping with my blood pressure. MFP has me calculated at a daily intake of 1290. Usually I'm come in around 900 something. MFP will not post a completed diary for the day or give you a 5 week projection of your coming in too under which has been happening to me. I had read somewhere that MFP will block users who promote unhealthy practices. I don't see this as promoting an unhealthy practice because I am eating a lot of veggies that are low in calories so it's just not adding up and I feel good.and my diary is left at private. My blood pressure has started to go down. I see this as a stage and I'm sure I'll build up to my complete allotted calories. So in short don't force feed yourself. If you feel blah tomorrow will be another day.
  • displaced1
    displaced1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    IMO, don't eat if you're not hungry. Listen to your body. You will probably have an appetite back in a few days at most.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about being under your goal for a few days. It happens.
    Do try to get back into eating ASAP. You will recover better and faster. Liquid cals count so try drinking some.

@ntbck8 your diet is doctor supervised. No one has a problem with that, especially since you stated you are working with your doctor. It is the silly 'want to lose weight fast' diets that are not allowed.
    I have been on MFP for 6 years and have never closed out my diary, just not important to me.

Cheers, h.
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Log what you actually eat - stay in the habit so you don't go off track if your appetite comes back with vengeance. Eat only what you feel like.
  • AndrewD315
    AndrewD315 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Stay hydrated!!, eat what you can keep down (brat diet?) but most importantly hydration!!

• Becky_charles29
    Becky_charles29 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've had a migraine for the last 72 hours and am just coming out of it. I've logged so I can keep it up as a habit
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    LIke others said log what you do manage to eat. Keep the habit. But don't worry to much about the numbers.When I am sick I like to have very thin soups or broths and lots of tea. Chicken broth is very soothing to sore throats and good for you.
  • BAFCH
    BAFCH Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your great advice. I haven't eaten much, but have logged what I've managed to stomach. Focusing more on staying hydrated and getting a few pieces of fruit down at least. :)